PDA

View Full Version : Scherzo Update

DCEmu_Newsposter
July 22nd, 2004, 15:26
Something rather interesting our man Scherzo posted in our forums:[br][br]I'm still making progress on NesterDC SE. Mikey242 is working on the new theme. [br] [br]I've also started a new mystery project code named: DS. Before anyone jumps to conclusions, it is NOT a Nintendo DS emulator. I'll just say that it's pretty darn cool and will be beneficial to the Dreamcast homebrew community. [br][br]Ok lets try and guess what this DS thing is :)[br][br]click the comments and let us know.

wraggster
July 22nd, 2004, 15:38
now scherzo said homebrew so maybe not a new emulator

i wonder if its something sh4 asm related??

quzar
July 22nd, 2004, 15:52
i have a strong feeling its some sort of homebrew library.

Edit: that makes no sense. I mean some sort of common library for use in homebrew.

Hola
July 22nd, 2004, 15:55
Ohh I know I know

wraggster
July 22nd, 2004, 17:00
do you mean some sort of say a language for the dreamcast like basic?

Kamjin
July 22nd, 2004, 17:07
tell me it should actually be called DCPIP w. DCPPP
and DCPPPOE??

wraggster
July 23rd, 2004, 11:32
er whats that mean :P

Kamjin
July 23rd, 2004, 13:00
Getting the DC online and networked.. while the bits
are there.. Haven't seen anyone get it going yet..

Eric
July 23rd, 2004, 18:05
I have been waiting for that netplay feature i hope this is the DS thing he is talking about

WHurricane16
July 23rd, 2004, 18:35
"Netplay" is already capable. *It's been possible/working for quite some time now.

PPOE applications (i.e., anything using your modem) is what is seemingly holding a few people back.

EDIT: Since Scherzo is browsing the boards, dude, if you have this working I salute you ;)

quzar
July 23rd, 2004, 19:02
I thought you were gonna add netplay support to SFC? what ever happened to that? Also I have heard of no homebrew DC software that uses any sort of netplay capability.

MetaFox
July 23rd, 2004, 19:36
I thought you were gonna add netplay support to SFC? what ever happened to that? Also I have heard of no homebrew DC software that uses any sort of netplay capability.DreamZZT connects to the internet and downloads files for use with the interpreter, and saves it to VMU. Not "netplay" per se, but it is using the BBA connectivity.

http://www.consolevision.com/forums/YaBB.cgi?board=DC_Discussion;action=display;num=10 70920011;start=0

Eric
July 23rd, 2004, 22:12
Well i do have to say this if its good for the homebrew scene why bother calling it Nintendo DS its so obvious that its connectivity for that and of course including the homebrew scene he can help people use internet for that aswell

Kamjin
July 23rd, 2004, 22:53
Ahhh.. from what build of KOS was this stuff put in
place, the BBA works but the modem??

and secondly.. since these chanka people have
got the emu going, they should be able to
capture the firmware upload to the datapump..

Eric
July 23rd, 2004, 23:30
alot of people are talking about the modem working on the dc something about the windows modem or something and the init string i have no clue but a lot of people will say it wont work getting it to run on the dc for those reasons

Kamjin
July 23rd, 2004, 23:46
it's actually a firmware.. or more like a program, the
modem works, you can dial it, connect, even make
a simple game like modem tictactoe.. but you can't
connect at 33.6 ot 56k, since a small program has
to be uploaded to the modem to actually do it. the catch
is the code is in the browsers/games.. in actuallity
it's also in alot of generic PC modems, but you need
a device programmer to dump it.. with an emulator
you can minimally imitate it's registers, wait for
the proper sequence then capture the data transfer,
which can then be used to enable the higher speeds..

GPF
July 26th, 2004, 22:10
I have gotten the modem to work as a PC/DC chat client with a DC modem --> phoneline <-- PC modem.

I have also written a simple terminal client that can connect to a dial up bbs and let you surf old school.

All of the code is posted in various topics in the programming board of dcemulation. I can post links or quotes if anyone cares or can't find them :)

Troy

Kamjin
July 26th, 2004, 22:35
Yeah I've got it going as well, also made a simple
term prog, and connected to a friends pc.. problem is, when
I call my providers dialup it will kill the connection below
33.6K..
I can connect w/ my USR56K on the serial port though..
but kinda pointless..

Eric
July 27th, 2004, 06:06
I think i might have a little problem as i am only on dial up i would love when someone gets this thing working to try and work with the modem

guymelef
January 10th, 2005, 00:08
did we ever get an answer?