PDA

View Full Version : GBA EMULATOR

FrierTuck
January 2nd, 2005, 08:48
I know the gba is less of a system then the dreamcast, which means it most likely can emulate the gba, proably. More to the point where could i get a gba emulator to run on the dreamcast. One that can play comercial games.

Darksaviour69
January 4th, 2005, 05:36
no GBA emu have been released yet, but GPF is working on one

curt_grymala
January 4th, 2005, 09:34
As Darksaviour69 said, GPF has not yet released his GBA emu publicly. Even if he did, it's still rather unlikely that it will play commercial roms anytime soon. It plays a few homebrew games very well, but it's still got a long way to go before it can play commercial roms.

Darksaviour69
January 4th, 2005, 09:40
also some commercial game will never work because they are too big (file size vs dc ram 16)

Mental2k
January 5th, 2005, 08:53
Also comercial roms are warez, so no talk of them, shame on you curt and DS69

Darksaviour69
January 5th, 2005, 09:04
Also comercial roms are warez, so no talk of them, shame on you curt and DS69

well megadrive and snes games are comercial so that would be warez too. If you own the game its not warez, but each country has different laws (i just read last week the copying your CDs to you ipod is technically illegal according to Irish law) but as a general rule here and many other sites will tell you how to get the emus to run the roms, but we will not tell you were to get download roms

FrierTuck
January 6th, 2005, 15:48
In the US its legal to have roms you have the actual cart for, and i have a mighty big gba collection

FrierTuck
January 9th, 2005, 14:39
does anyone have a time frame for GPFs release, there are alot of PD roms i want to play on my DC, also whoever names the orums, you should specify that this is for emuators for dreamcast not dreamcast emulators, and if it does say that then im sorry i cant read and dont pay enough attention

FrierTuck
January 9th, 2005, 14:40
1 more thing, i never said anything about illegal commercial roms, and warez

Eric
January 9th, 2005, 15:17
I am not able to tell you when it will be released but i can tell you but its been something very hard to emulate. The reasons as given by Dark Saviour and i have heard there is a few commercial roms that load but the emu can only load 8 meg roms anything bigger the Dreamcast has trouble loading it.

Thats just for now until there is more progress but i don think that is something he is working on cause of the Neo Geo Pocket emulator which from the last time i was doing beta came along alot better then the old ganksoft version and has sound.

Anyways to say much more on the GBA emu i dont think there is going to be one and if so it will just play homebrew ones at a decent speed and possibly play 8 meg commercials.

Eric

FrierTuck
January 9th, 2005, 15:21
in that cas i might just stick to the actual system

Eric
January 9th, 2005, 15:26
that and if you really want to play it on your tv get an xbox to emulate it or do it legally by buying a GameCube where you can buy the gameboyadvance connection to play your GBA games on your TV

FrierTuck
January 9th, 2005, 18:53
to much of a hassle, i could buy a gba tv adapter

guymelef
January 10th, 2005, 00:40
anyway keep up the work GPF and good luck achieving your goals