PDA

View Full Version : Help with R4 (renamed save file wont work)

Chelsea
March 10th, 2010, 05:18
Okay, I guess you could say I'm a picky person, but I like to rename my game files after I download them because they often download like this:
1457 - Chibi-Robo Park Patrol (U).nds
And I would rather it just say:
Chibi-Robo Park Patrol (U).nds

I started the exact game stated above while the game file was still named with the numbers. Then, last night, as I was cleaning up my R4 files, I decided to take the numbers off of the game (.nds) file. I did this to about six games that had numbers tacked onto the front of the file. I also went through and renamed all of the save (.sav) files to match the new game name.

Now, when I load chibi-robo, it won't load the save file. The game shows all three in-game save folders as empty when I load it up. It is the only game that is acting this way. All the others I renamed are still working.

Interestingly enough, even though it won't load my save file, the game starts up as if I've played it before. Meaning, it doesn't give you that box at start-up that says, "There is no save file for this game created, would you like to make one?"
Instead, it loads right up and then you press "start game" and the game shows you three empty files.

Soooooo, long-winded though this is, I guess it's obvious what I'm getting at. Is there anyway to fix this??? I worked really hard on my chibi-robo game, and the save file is sitting right there on the damned r4. It's just so frustrating!

Chelsea
March 10th, 2010, 06:40
**** yes. I got it fixed. I completely erased both file names and renamed them "1" because I couldn't tell how the file names were different, if at all. They were named exactly the same! But this worked. So, Boo-yah.