PDA

View Full Version : The PSP AN EMULATOR ITSELF?? i dunno could work

Tetris999
July 24th, 2006, 21:13
i was thinking about this for a loong time and i thought that the psp runs 3d graphics and stuff and say we have n64 emulators but can we take a uhhh Real Operation Mandatory and some how open it up and supposebly change the files to a psp International Studying Operation? it could work like we can make a program or something that could do that

P.S. be positive i mean no harm so dont go monkey on me it is a thought to help not an idea to be bs'ed at ok so no flaming

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 21:20
Interesting idea but it will be like rewriting the entire psp in to a new counsil. Better of making a new one than changing this psp in to a new one

Tetris999
July 24th, 2006, 21:35
oh well i thought the files could be easly converted in a way to suit a psp

Cooe14
July 24th, 2006, 22:58
Hhhuh... :) okay.......

yaustar
July 25th, 2006, 06:36
It sounds like you talking about to decompiling the rom and recompiling it to use PSP hardware. THe method itself is not new and I believe it is currently being done for the the GP2X with GBA roms.

pkmaximum
July 25th, 2006, 06:46
With the PSP sdk (official SONY one) lets just say if somehow a coder got it like Booster or Dark_Alex got it, would it be possible to build a whole new firmware from scratch and make it 100% compatible with N64 roms, I know this is a long haul here but I'm just a bit curious.

andrew24
July 27th, 2006, 02:50
its called iso's
________
YR-1 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_YR-1)