PDA

View Full Version : Trouble converting files to .dpg

lexluthor
July 24th, 2006, 23:43
Hi I dont know if any of you can help me.
Im trying to convert a basic .WMV to the Moonshell format (.DPG)

I have tried a variety of different settings, however each time the video ends up jumpy out of time... and basically just crap.

Do you know if there is a certain setting I could try to get the best video playback when veiwed on the DS?

Thanks for you help! :)

Junixx
July 25th, 2006, 00:37
These are the settings and program i use:

BatchDPG v1.0

Video-------

FPS:20
Width: 256
Heigth: 192
Bitrate: 128 (can go higher, ive used 135)
Profile: High

Audio------
Bitrate 128
Samplerate 32000

These settings work good most of the time, if theres alot of movement and subtitles at the same time, the subtitles may be a little difficult to read, but you can fix this is you raise the Video Bitrate to 256 and lower the FPS to 15

BatchDPG is here:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29152&highlight=BatchDPG

Also, i think this should be stickied, this question has been asked on several occasions

`/ Edit \'

Just set FPS to 18 and Video Bitrate to 192, seems to run fine for the most part, video lagged maybe a few times, but still very watchable

lexluthor
July 25th, 2006, 13:08
Hey thanks alot for the help! Theonly trouble is I cant seem to get BatchDPG working.

The files appear to convert correctly and everything is fine. However I cant get them to run when I try and open them in Moonshell.

I dont know if its a problem with Moonshell or with the converter.. Its really annoying. DPGs created through Moonshells default converter work fine (Although as I said before I can never get the quality correct)

Junixx
July 26th, 2006, 05:54
Make sure your using the latest moonshell (you probably are) i would also say make sure you have AviSynth 2.5 installed, but since you said they are converting fine you must have it.....hm not much i can do here really..

Azzaxr
May 21st, 2007, 17:25
i have a similar problem when the wmv vid is encoding
audio it gets stuck at 97% and batchdpg freezes

can anyone help?

ps would i need that net framework thingy?