PDA

View Full Version : VITAL question about GTA homebrew technique on 2.6

Franzkill
July 25th, 2006, 15:37
Hi my PSP system firmware is currently 2.6 and I'm aware that you can play homebrew on it as long as you have a copy of the GTA game on your PSP.

But why is it this game in particular? I'm not found of the games anyway and would not like to purchase it I mean couldn't this expolit have been done with Burnout Legends or something? Will there ever be a way to play homebrew on 2.6 PSP WITHOUT having to purhcase GTA? :)

Tanis6909
July 25th, 2006, 15:43
if i remember correctly, GTA released a patch to allow for changing weather conditions within the game or some such nonsense such as that....what it REALLY did was allow the talented folk here to really get inside the PSP and find the workaroud to Sony's firmware.....i had a hard time buying GTA as well, since i hate all the GTA games, they bore the hell out of me....

however, i bought a copy of GTA for $35, have never even played the game itself....in fact, i have never even gotten past the load screen ;)

take my word for it, homebrew (emulators especially IMO) are totally worth the $35 for GTA....basically, i paid less than $40 for probably around 300 games, all in the palm of my hand....its totally worth it

Ultima Chocochu
July 25th, 2006, 17:59
If you don't wanna downgrade
Buy it
Course they are patching new versions of GTALCS now

psp fan
July 26th, 2006, 16:18
so you actually dont need gta the game? you only need it for about 5 mins?

Franzkill
July 28th, 2006, 10:23
If you don't wanna downgrade
Buy it
Course they are patching new versions of GTALCS now

Sorry that doesn't even make sense :confused:

D0N
July 28th, 2006, 10:59
They are making new versions of GTA now that doesnt allow you to play homebrew. So get an older version of GTA. That's what Ultima Chocochu meant. ;)

stook02740
July 29th, 2006, 04:42
Or he meant if you don't wanna downgrade to be able to play homebrew without GTA, then buy it to play homebrew on 2.+ is the only way