PDA

View Full Version : Is there a possibility of Upgrading FW through Wipeout browser?

Apoklepz
July 25th, 2006, 18:51
Is there any way possible of maybe upgrading my PSP's firmware to 2.00/2.60 or 2.50 through the Wipeout browser? Kinda like a Network update, but through the Wipeout browser. If there is, can you point me to the web adress. Thanks.

Accordion
July 25th, 2006, 21:12
unfortunately i think if it was possible to somehow link to an update it would only be to save the update to memory stick to be installed from the XMB

which wouldnt help you of course... erm

yeah

Apoklepz
July 25th, 2006, 22:40
Yeah...that's what I figured, too...But I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

dalejrrocks
July 26th, 2006, 01:19
why would you want to upgrade through the wipeout browser anyway? just use network upgrade, but that would probably upgrade you to 2.71

NoQuarter
July 26th, 2006, 02:18
He's got a partial brick and can't load the xmb

motormaniac
July 27th, 2006, 02:17
What happens when you get a partial brick?

ninja9393
July 27th, 2006, 06:02
click the link under his sig to find out

BL4Z3D247
July 27th, 2006, 06:10
Apoklepz u can still load a game? if so then why don't u just update from a game that needs 2.5/2.6 fw to play then downgrade, sorry if this has been suggested just tryin to help :D

edit: nevermind just realized u neen the xmb to update thru the umd

NoQuarter
July 27th, 2006, 06:24
What we really need is a way to flash the psp from the pc other than the usb.I wonder if psplink from tyranid can do this?Have you seen the psphacking101 modchip video?Now that looks tough!

Apoklepz
July 27th, 2006, 14:39
Have you seen the psphacking101 modchip video?Now that looks tough!

Yes sir...My friend who was going to install a modchip on my PSP backed out on me when he saw it...He says there's barely space to work in in some parts and he's afraid he might ruin my PSP... This guy put an afterburner light kit himself on one of the first Gameboy advance models, and he says that was a zinch compared to the PSP modchip....and I really can't afford buying a modchip with included installation right now, I recently bought a new car! In case you're wondering it's a 2006 Kia Spectra...nothing fancy, but it sure looks nice, feels comfortable and hits the 60mph mark in 5.8 seconds...which is actually pretty damn impresive for a normal car.

Anyways...back on the subject....psplink is homebrew, right?