PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Free McBoot installer please

OTm_bread
March 13th, 2010, 11:47
Hi =)

I have a SCPH 70003 slim console (UK), and an official 8mb ps2 memory card. It has a few save games on it, does that matter? I don't mind losing them if it has to be blanked.

I've found a Swap Magic supplier but I really don't want to spend £21 to play one import game. Someone on another forum told me to check out Free McBoot, as it can boot other region games.

Would anyone mind installing it onto my memory card for me? I don't have the tools to do it myself. I'll supply the memory card, and a return addressed envelope.

Would be very grateful to anyone kind enough to do this. Would prefer it if you're in the UK - saves on postage costs :)

Thanks in advance!

VampDude
March 13th, 2010, 23:37
Spend the money on Swap Magic, I have one and it's worth the money.

I also have MC Boot, the settings take 2mb of the card (leaving 5,978kb). I've yet to use it for anything, because I still prefer the Swap Magic method with my cool lid and screen for playing SNES Station. :cool:

OTm_bread
March 14th, 2010, 12:44
Thanks, but SM is not worth the money for me - it'll only be used one time, and it's £20, and you can't re-sell them anywhere :p

I really don't need more than 5mb on the memory card, that's plenty.

So I'll try to find a Free McBoot installer. Thanks anyway.

VampDude
March 14th, 2010, 17:01
Swap Magic has been re-sold on eBay and Amazon in the past for as little as £12.

£16.50 via this link:

http://www.videogameall.com/ps2-swapmagic-v36-2disc.html

Alternatively, I would swap my memory card. But I've grown attached to it over the past nine years.

OTm_bread
March 14th, 2010, 20:23
Swap Magic has been re-sold on eBay and Amazon in the past for as little as £12.

£16.50 via this link:

http://www.videogameall.com/ps2-swapmagic-v36-2disc.html

Alternatively, I would swap my memory card. But I've grown attached to it over the past nine years.

From the website:

International shipments to Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands [only]

I'm in the UK. Maybe they ship here, if you ask them, but the only intl options you can chose in the order process are those above.

VampDude
March 15th, 2010, 22:35
There is a store in Canada that sells the PAL version, they ship here to the UK. Though the cheapest, is from Hong Kong for $15 incl. free shipping though it takes a fortnight at the most.

- - -

You may be wondering why I'm suggesting other than the FreeMCboot, well it's simple:

It doesn't play imports, only backups. Meaning that if you require a means of playing a legitimate game, you firstly have to rip it, then you have to patch and finally burn it with not every patched title compatible. Though with Swap Magic, you get the CD and DVD versions which run any imported title directly without the added hassle of whether it works or not.

OTm_bread
March 16th, 2010, 11:15
There is a store in Canada that sells the PAL version, they ship here to the UK. Though the cheapest, is from Hong Kong for $15 incl. free shipping though it takes a fortnight at the most.

Can you post links for those please?

syders1996
July 29th, 2014, 14:18
Please don't think this is spam, I am quite expensive as the postage is rather high. but I supply the latest version of free mcboot (which is multi regional ) and has all the apps you need to get up and running. we are talking £20 inclusive of world wide shipping. this is my website playstationpirates.com
if you are in the UK, I am happy to install it for the price of a pint of beer (you send me the card,with return postage and £3) there is a pub opposite my local post office :) - it's often cheaper and quicker to just order one, not making huge amounts of money, just one beer per card for installing it! :) :) :)