PDA

View Full Version : New method for DC movie creation

chrisyroid
November 8th, 2004, 20:24
I created a website with all sorts of crud, you should visit 'NO links for warez tools and tutorials please'
look in the tutorials section to view my new method on DC movie creation. By the way this method realy works!!! :D

qw3rty
November 9th, 2004, 00:10
Your method isn't new. It's been around for ages.

Are you sure, the DC is able to smoothly play 640x480 - movies ?!
You can go pretty high with the resolution, but I think 640x480 is overkill.

I'd rather use 320x480 or 640x240 or 352x240 for 4:3-movies for smooth playback (those resolutions are displayed FULL-SCREEN , without borders, on dreamcast)
For 16:9 movies I'd use 640xYYY, where YYY is anything, that fits your needs, but DON'T use 240 or 352 as your Y-resolution, as these resolutions are stretched to full-screen (blowing up your picture, resulting in "egg-heads" ;) )

The DC can handle pretty high-datarate streams. You can use bitrates of up to 2200 kbit/s.
The player also supports VBR (variable bit rate), and has outstanding quality (if you use 2 CD's per movie, it's not too far away from DVD), but is unfortunately illegal, due to the fact, that it is a rip of a commercial game.
Another downside is, that you don't have player-controlls (e.g. no PAUSE, REW, etc)

I just remembered, that some browsers included a SFD-player - check out the XDP-browser.

memino02
November 11th, 2004, 06:26
NO Warez! please read forum rules before posting

souLLy
November 11th, 2004, 09:54
these are tools ripped from the official dreamcast development kit. they are illegal and this is definitely not the place to be discussing them.

DCDayDreamer
November 11th, 2004, 11:26
Who the hell unlocked this topic?