PDA

View Full Version : Memory Stick Corruption

Mr.Entropy
March 16th, 2010, 04:29
Ok so i got a problem with my memory stick.

Downloaded Dante's Inferno the other day, everything went fine. After a certain boss battle, the screen went black and the game wouldn't proceed any further. I restarted the psp, beat the boss again and still kept running into the black screen. Happened about 3 or 4 times.

Then i tried to delete the iso, and re-copy it onto the psp. In the middle of the file transfer got interrupted and told me my psp was no longer plugged in. I checked my psp and now it longer recognized i had a memory card in there.

Neither my psp nor my computer is recognizing my memory card.

Now to answer any obvious questions beforehand

My psp is CFW 5.50 Gen-D3
It's the PSP 1000 (fat one)

The memory stick is 8gb.

NO IT'S NOT FAKE. DO NOT ASK IF IT'S FAKE. I'VE FIT 8GB ON THERE BEFORE, I'VE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT BEFORE IN THE 2 YEARS THAT I'VE HAD IT. I DID NOT PURCHASE IT OFF EBAY.

Clock speed was default.

I tried using the MS pro duo adapter to connect the stick directly to my PC . The PC does not recognize it.

It's not just my psp or my PC, my other memory stick works just fine on both.

So my question is:

Is there any way to get my old data (specifically save data) off the psp. I see that there are programs advertising data recovery from mem sticks but i dont know if they work.

AND YES, i could try using the "format memory stick" option, but I have a spare 8gb mem stick already. The point of me asking is if there are any ways to rescue the data on the stick. If the solution involves the data on the stick getting wiped, it's not what i'm looking for.

If there is a program that can do this can anyone point them out? links would be nice.

also. i tried using DDR - Memory Card Recovery(Demo)

it recognized i had a memory stick plugged in, but when i tried to salvage data, it did nothing. probably because it was a demo and it was hamstringed.

VampDude
March 16th, 2010, 19:29
It will be the age of the memory stick and howmuch it has been used, resulting in it's weardown.

Also, you mentioned ISO's so doubly for what I just said since they are in constant reading which the memory card will eventually heat and malfunction (something I learnt with my old PSP and movies).

Mr.Entropy
March 17th, 2010, 06:09
been using it for ~2years pretty much every day.
so basically it's dead forever?

poop, and the last backup i have of it is like 2 months old.

VampDude
March 18th, 2010, 00:53
been using it for ~2years pretty much every day.
so basically it's dead forever?

Yup, a small price for piracy.

No card of any type lasts forever, though some last longer than others.