PDA

View Full Version : Supercard, M3, G6 lite compatibility comparison?

dkjr83
July 26th, 2006, 16:44
I need some help deciding on either the supercard lite, the g6 lite, or just waiting for an m3 lite version.

I currently have an M3 (CF) and am really happy with the compatibility and frequency of firmware/game patcher updates.

The determining factor really comes down to compatibility. I'm running genesis, gba, ds, and moonshell right now on my M3 without any problems. I know the g6 will be nearly identical in terms of compatibility and regularity of updates, but what about the supercard lite?

Thanks for the help.

The Hombrew Hunter
July 26th, 2006, 17:24
I'd say go for either M3 or G6 lite. G6 is built in memory, and of course M3 runs on cards.

I'd say keep the M3 cf until maybe a lite one is released?

dkjr83
July 26th, 2006, 17:33
Yeah, I have no problem with my M3 other than the fact that it's big and sticks out. Even that doesn't bother me, but the idea of a card that I never have to take out (like the supercard lite) is appealing.

Just worried about compatibility, etc.

trib4lmaniac
July 27th, 2006, 16:32
The estimated release date for the M3 Lite is August 15th. If it makes it, you may want to wait for that.

MrBananaMan
July 27th, 2006, 22:26
is there any info about the M3 lite?

dkjr83
July 27th, 2006, 23:38
I don't know, but if it really is coming out in August then I'll wait and get the M3 lite. Not that the super card lite isn't a good prodcut, I'm just familiar and comfortable with the M3.

trib4lmaniac
July 28th, 2006, 10:38
is there any info about the M3 lite?
Only the usual. It should be flush, takes microSD etc.
I'm torn between waiting for that and picking up a G6 Lite.

Quay Cur
July 28th, 2006, 14:48
I thought about waiting for the M3 Lite, too. Having more than 512MB would be cool, but the G6 probably has faster memory than the micro SD. And depending on where they place the micro SD slot on the M3 Lite, would it be able to have a GBA sized case? That was one of the reasons I got a G6 Lite over the Supercard Lite, I want to use it in my GBASP some time.

metroplex2k7
July 28th, 2006, 18:24
I'm thinking about getting the G6 Lite, cause I'm tired of not being able to play NES, SNES, GBA, or Genesis on my Max Media Player, and not being able to watch a movie without massive skipping and choppy-out of sync- sound.

Do the emulators work on it? I'm pissed that I dropped 120$ for the MMP.

I don't want it to happen again.

dkjr83
July 28th, 2006, 19:02
I can't speak for the g6, but from what I've heard it has the same compatibility as the M3. On my M3 I'm running genesis roms pretty well, GBA and DS roms perfectly, and a few snes games decently, although generally speaking the snes emulation isn't that great.

Nevertheless, the M3, and I would venture the g6, are great products that will likely satisfy your needs. It should be noted, however, that the g6 only has 512mb of storage, so as far as a media player, probably not the best choice.