PDA

View Full Version : PCE Emu?? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

scrabbus
September 24th, 2004, 02:05
PCE emulator, as a few of you in here know, Im a PCE/TG16 nut, yes certifiable lol, SO jim can you fix it for me to have this DC emu??? NOW THEN NOW THEN

Darksaviour69
September 24th, 2004, 02:45
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/dreamengine.shtml
best we got for the mo
has decent speed without sound

scrabbus
September 24th, 2004, 14:56
Ive already got it thanks. Its pretty poor though. It just seems like the pce emu is being overlooked :-[

DemoniusX
October 11th, 2004, 11:46
I agree with you one that one scrabbus. I wish it wasn't over looked. I love the tg-16 or pce call it what you will. Dream engine was good for its time but it sorely needs a update, PCE without sound is like having diabietes without insulin, I am serious! Sound in game in my realm is crucial. I tried to find another PCE on ebay but they want too much same goes with tg -16, mine broke and I opened it up to see why it doesn't work, I guess the card reader that read HUcards melted.

I wish PCE emulattion would be good on DC it could someday, but all we can do is wait. until then I will be praying for the day I will be allowed to play "splatter house" on my DC. unless Ian micheal released the SGA by then.

scrabbus
October 11th, 2004, 13:08
yes exactly, this little beast was great, easily the most powerful 8 bit console of the day, please please please

quzar
October 11th, 2004, 14:02
we're trying folks.

DemoniusX
October 12th, 2004, 02:25
we're trying folks.

thats all that matters man, I will wait as long as it takes. PCE is wonderful, I love it in everyway, ever play "soldier blade"?

scrabbus
October 14th, 2004, 12:23
or outrun, devil crash, fire pro etc etc etc *sigh*

Cereal
October 14th, 2004, 13:39
we're trying folks.
Since when was some trying? I thought no one was active on it. Also everyones said its much easier to do PCE than genesis or neogeo and where almost finshsed with those 2 now. This should be a easy project right next to wonderswan and neogeo pocket emulation.

quzar
October 14th, 2004, 13:52
Well, lets see, the author of Hugo is keeping the DC in mind in his updates, and I have a running failed port of Hugo, that I attribute to compiler faliure because it crashes for no reason.

Cereal
October 14th, 2004, 14:16
Does that really count? Just cause he's making the more compatable with dc doesnt really mean much. Sorry for being so negitive but no ones showing any real interest in it as a main project.

fil
October 14th, 2004, 14:39
Hugo (dos) is the capability of running full speed on a 233mhz pc, so i think the dreamcast could handle a hugo port.

And there's always the posibility of adding sound to dreamengine

Then there's morphgear available for the PocketPC, that runs full speed with sound on a 300mhz ppc. Don't know if sources are available for that? and that is for windows CE, should only need some minor tweaking for a dreamcast port

There's probably more out there that might do for a dreamcast port...

quzar
October 14th, 2004, 14:40
The only portable PCE emulator out there is Hugo. The fact that the author of Hugo is trying to make it more friendly to being ported to the DC means a lot.

fil
October 14th, 2004, 14:46
ok, you've talked the talk ... now tell me and everyone else why the pc engine section of morphgear cant be ported? that is windows CE compatible which is very near to Dreamcast language..

obelisk
October 14th, 2004, 14:59
WHOA! back up.
It doen't matter if it does or doesn't count does it, cereal. It won't, to You.
dude. if they say they're working on it, then of course, it isn't in your hands. You have to do the same thing I have to do, you can't play tg16, and I don't have a band. Have you been to zeograd's site,? and seen the October update, where they mention the DC,? and the fact that they're working on it.??? be patient, and maybe it'll happen, if it doesn't, oh well, you have do do what I have to do, and find soemthing else that will make you happy, for the time being.

JMD
October 14th, 2004, 15:35
ok, you've talked the talk ... now tell me and everyone else why the pc engine section of morphgear cant be ported? that is windows CE compatible which is very near to Dreamcast language..

windows CE compatible emus cannot be ported to DC without the official Dev Kit.
Coders here don't use it because it's Illegal.
That's the main reason.

quzar
October 14th, 2004, 15:45
windows CE compatible emus cannot be ported to DC without the official Dev Kit.
Coders here don't use it because it's Illegal.
That's the main reason.

also at this point both it and katana are to a point not as good as kos.

Cereal
October 14th, 2004, 17:26
I think what the dc scene is missing is focus but I think where finding it now. Like I just realised where all jumping for a PCE emu now and what about finshing others. I say we need to focus on one thing at a time. I know this burns people out but it kills birds. And isnt killing birds fun. No? Also out of random curiosity what are some parts used in multiple consoles? FAME helped 3 systems out at once. Maybe we should look into things that can fit into more than one emu.

quzar
October 14th, 2004, 18:42
I think what the dc scene is missing is focus but I think where finding it now. Like I just realised where all jumping for a PCE emu now and what about finshing others. I say we need to focus on one thing at a time. I know this burns people out but it kills birds. And isnt killing birds fun. No? Also out of random curiosity what are some parts used in multiple consoles? FAME helped 3 systems out at once. Maybe we should look into things that can fit into more than one emu.

I say we need to focus on not using the word 'we' when we actually mean to say 'the devvers' :P

So far FAME has not helped anything. potentially it could help many many emulators because the motorola 68000 is a very common processor.

Zorlon
October 14th, 2004, 19:33
Is DarkDC not any good that also supports PC-Engine/TurboGrafx-16 for the Dreamcast, aswell as a few other 8 bit consoles/sega's 8bit computers or atleast I think Sega SG-1000/3000 are computer I forget to be honest

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/darcdc.shtml

Personly I havn't tested that one out yet

On a side note Nec's PC98 would be great specially with the translation of the first 6 Farland Story games around and the X68000 another Jap PC of sorts. FAME may help for those 2 maybe, I'm a user not a coder so personly I wouldn't know

Eventually Nec PC Engine CD Support would just be the greatest thing ever :D but thats wishfull thinking at this point in time prolly.

I can't beleive I hadn't joined this forum before now :o

Edit:- Would a Yame port be a possibillity, it's not to indifferent to DarkNes in that it is another multi console emu, though I can't seem to find the source files for this emu though I can't say I tried very hard either.
One problem I can see though is that the documentory is in Japanese for Yame.

Cereal
October 14th, 2004, 20:14
Fame isnt something that directly helps now but it will once the emus need more speed. NeoCD for example will need more speed once it has sound working and supported at high quality 48000 instead of 20000. Also neocd was support to offer graphical smoothing which is hasnt yet. FAME is a good thing. It does add a very decent amount of speed to some emulators the problem is everything that uses it already was at a fast enough speed and didnt need it. But making things faster than full speed is always a good thing. Its like zsnes most people thought it was perfect around version .99 but yet they still improve it. There is no such thing as pointless quality if its improving even if its not noticable to the average amount of people.

quzar
October 14th, 2004, 21:11
Fame isnt something that directly helps now but it will once the emus need more speed. NeoCD for example will need more speed once it has sound working and supported at high quality 48000 instead of 20000. Also neocd was support to offer graphical smoothing which is hasnt yet. FAME is a good thing. It does add a very decent amount of speed to some emulators the problem is everything that uses it already was at a fast enough speed and didnt need it. But making things faster than full speed is always a good thing. Its like zsnes most people thought it was perfect around version .99 but yet they still improve it. There is no such thing as pointless quality if its improving even if its not noticable to the average amount of people.

in the DC scene i have the second greatest amount of experience with neoCD next to ian. sound isnt turned off its broken. Filtering is a next-to lossless function on the dreamcast, so that is not of any concern.

VampiricS
October 15th, 2004, 00:07
Sorry to say, but i think that to fully use FAME there will probably be a need to rewrite emulators to use that particular one core. So far from what i know, you can'tdirectly just change the actual core to FAME. Anyway let's hope that some talented coders will actually take the time to use it to it's fullest. So far the thing that is funny is that the HUGO emulator author seems to want to do the dc port himself,put there's no real news about it, but XPORT already did a port on xbox without any objections from the original author And yes i know that porting it to xbox is really not like porting it to DC,i am talking about the author authorizing other to port it publicly. From what i know some tried to do the port but were told not to.

quzar
October 15th, 2004, 00:19
the hugo author does not want to do a DC port, he doesnt know enough about the DC to do so. He knows enough to try to make it more friendly though (such as improving the ability to have a fully SDL program, as opposed to allegro and sdl or whatever)

iq_132
October 15th, 2004, 02:28
I may be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure this is an open source pce emulator:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Bay/9975/PC2E/english.html#download

I'm not sure how portable it is...