PDA

View Full Version : Wiimote going crazy

XDelusion
March 23rd, 2010, 21:31
I got Red Steel 2 and picked up a Wii Motion Plus for my Wii mote.

At first everything was fine, till I hit HOME to pause the game for a while.

When I came back, and pressed HOME again, my cursor began to act sporadic and move all over the screen and even vanishing at times.

I removed the Wii Motion Plus and plugged it back in. This fixed it...

...for a while.

Next time I removed the batteries, moved the sensor bar beneath the TV, re-configured the Wii mote in the Wii settings, re-synced the Wii, took out the batteries, unplugged my router, etc.

Each and every time, if one of the above did not work, then the other one did...

...for a while.

My Wii Mote will continue to act like this even if I removed the Wii Motion Plus. Also I have NEVER had issues like this that came back after initially resolved.

Also if I do resolve the sporadic cursor action, then what it will do is act the the Wii mote is aligned proper, but once I load up a game, or the Homebrew channel or anything. It looses it's center thus making the Cursor appear on the right hand side of the screen when I am pointing it DEAD center.

Should I not be using Rechargable batteries, but using the Charger stand instead? Should I buy another sensor bar? Should I kick my Wii?

Sign me pissed off.

Darksaviour69
March 23rd, 2010, 22:33
Is it the samw problem as this:

Sandwich Incompatibility: There is a chance that, should you pause Red Steel 2 in order to eat a sandwich, the game will not work when you return to it. An idle Wii Remote powers down and disengages from the Wii. This seems to disengage the MotionPlus in some way that caused, oddly, my Nunchuck to be calibrated wrong any time I resumed my game from an idle Remote. Using the game's MotionPlus recalibration option from the pause menu didn't help. Only after my hero's death and a checkpoint restart would I be okay. So don't pause Red Steel 2 to eat a sandwich unless you want trouble.

http://kotaku.com/5500030/red-steel-2-review-if-only-2006-was-this-good?skyline=true&s=i

XDelusion
March 24th, 2010, 01:51
Sounds like it, but when my Wiimote messes up, it stays messed up generally, even when I exit the game.

XDelusion
March 24th, 2010, 02:48
I believe it was just the sunlight coming in through the Window.

We've not had much sun all winter long so I would not have experienced that before. Also I noticed that when the sun went down, the Wii went back to normal. :)

Darksaviour69
March 24th, 2010, 11:06
good, btw how is red steel 2 anyway, better than the first. (tried the first one, no likey)

VampDude
March 27th, 2010, 20:41
Light is a bastard for the Wii-Remote, Christmas is the worst with all the lights that confuse the remote. :eek: