PDA

View Full Version : BananaCraze

wraggster
March 26th, 2010, 01:13
News/release from Ruffsta (http://dsgamemaker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4047&sid=f1d4161394daea545e948f800e87a6a5)

I would like to thank eldude, for without his help it would have taken me even longer to accomplish this task. I've always wanted to make games for some kind of system, but i was limited to making them for the PC only until now.

i would also like to thank james for making this software as it is possible now for me to code stuff to be played away from the PC. Further games will be created from their original PC versions as well as a new one i have never coded for the PC yet.

my other future projects are: Shuttle Mania, Potion Frenzy and a HUGE new project - which i will keep to myself and eldude for the moment.

Download (http://dsgamemaker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4047&sid=f1d4161394daea545e948f800e87a6a5)

Ruffsta
April 17th, 2010, 03:02
You need to learn to ask for permission from game owners BEFORE you decide to upload their files!

As the owner of BananaCraze, I have legal rights - you cannot just take and upload whatever you want.. whenever you feel like it!

If you would like to keep BananaCraze uploaded then you must contact me directly on http://dsgamemaker.com/forum/ AND ONLY THERE!! - in a private pm. Otherwise you MUST remove BananaCraze.

Thank you
~Ruffsta

VampDude
April 17th, 2010, 05:25
@ Ruffsta:

Lighten up, the link is provided within the post to the source so you will still get your recognition.

Wow, seriously. Wraggster does his best.

Ruffsta
April 17th, 2010, 06:47
Wow, seriously. Wraggster does his best.

Uh, his best? His best would have been to ASK me first, not just take and do what he pleases!

Why are you getting involved in something that is of no concern to you anyways?

Darksaviour69
April 17th, 2010, 09:44
I have removed the download as requested by the author.

We have been running this site for over 6 years now (And I have been involved in homebrew sites for about 10 years myself), have posted thousands of homebrew releases and I think this is the first time we have ever had a complaint about hosting a alt download for a release. Also it makes sense as time goes by sites go down or get hacked or the original download get corrupted some how and the game has been lost completely, which is always a shame.

But you should also know we are not the only site that posts and hosts homebrew releaese (we are just one of the biggest). A quick google search finds:
http://www.modcontrol.com/Board/homebrewgames/25244-bananacraze-v2-0-a.html
http://www.nintendomax.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11590

and there is most likely more.

Ruffsta
April 17th, 2010, 12:55
i will deal with them as well...

didn't have to take down the link... a mere question for approval is just common courtesy... i would have allowed it if someone just asked me.

Darksaviour69
April 17th, 2010, 13:05
i will deal with them as well...

didn't have to take down the link... a mere question for approval is just common courtesy... i would have allowed it if someone just asked me.

I understand what your saying, but you have to remember we posts maybe 50+ homebrew releases a week it would not be practical to ask every author for permission to mirror, considering 99.99% of authors usually want there releases to be publicised and mirrored.

But I should say the (very) odd time authors say in the release that they don't want it mirrored, which is fine, and is/ should be respected. So I suggest that you clearly state you don't want you work mirrored in any future releases.

Ruffsta
April 17th, 2010, 13:29
if you are doing something to or with something that is NOT yours - then you LEGALLY SHOULD BE ASKING for permission as you do NOT own the item yourselves.

it's really no different than pirating... you dump a game, turn into a ROM and upload the file.

here, you took the file and uploaded without permission - it's the same shit!

"May i/we upload a copy of "NAME OF GAME" on our site (URL)?" - is just fine and simple ;)

hitman43
April 18th, 2010, 12:21
We removed your stuff also and of course, we will not post, upload, inform or link to every other release from you.

Best regards from Germany,

hitman43 / modcontrol.com

VampDude
April 18th, 2010, 16:46
We removed your stuff also and of course, we will not post, upload, inform or link to every other release from you.

Best regards from Germany,

hitman43 / modcontrol.com

Nicely said. :rolleyes:

Darksaviour69
April 19th, 2010, 10:30
personally I think that's a little harsh, if he had just posted in the original post that he does not want his release mirrored all of this could have been avoided.

hitman43
April 19th, 2010, 14:48
When you read his post in our forums you will come to the same conclusion.
We havent the time to clear such problems with some "new coders" who didnt understand how the homebrewscene and newssites like DCEmu, GX-Mod, X-S, Eurasia, Wii-Newz and of course my and a lot (all?!?;)) of other sites works for years now.
We set a sourcelink to his article where we found his game (on DSGameMaker), we set a sourcelink to NintendoMax (we found the info/news about his game on NMAX) which of course, is the normal process we all know for sure.
This wasnt enough for him, also he called us stealers with no respect, he say, that we disrespecting his work and call us piratez like people who down- & upload commercial NDS software, but of course, his work was for all of us freeware.
Sorry, but i didint waste my time again with such a stupid thing, he didnt want that we post his files, we accept and removed it and of course we didint do it again.
I understand this and it is ok for me, but also he must understand, that im not interessted to hype / post / inform about his stuff again.
Maybe the next time we are the bad guys because we set a link to his releases, or we are the bad guys because we found his stuff not directly on his site and set a link like Source: XYZ but he want Source: ABC, or.....or...or....
Sorry, no chance, i have no time for (t)his kind of bullshit.

Posting news, uploading files, link to the source, translate, make a short description, moderate a forum, searching for new stuff is a hobby but of course also a ungrateful job, so i dont have to stand for his insultings.