PDA

View Full Version : A question about firmware 2.7

Mr.Denny
July 27th, 2006, 21:18
Hey guys, i have a question...

My brother recently got a PSP which has firmware 2.7. Now, is there any way he can play downloaded flash games?.

Thank you :)

scottyboynow
July 27th, 2006, 21:34
yes try and google shallan or download youre own flash games and put them on youre psp for example
file:/flash/egflash.swf then accees it on youre web browser

Mr.Denny
July 27th, 2006, 21:47
I don`t understand you completely.

So i download flash games, which folder do i put them in?. And how do i access them?.

Sorry to be a bother.

Adduc
July 27th, 2006, 23:17
When you download flash games, note the folder you put them in. It doesn't matter what folder, as long as you know the location and the file name.

In the PSP's browser, type in file:/Location/FileName

Obviously, you need to replace Location with the location of the file on the memory stick, and filename with the actual file name, including .swf

Mr.Denny
July 28th, 2006, 12:29
Huge thanks for the replies but something bothers me. He can`t currently connect to the net, will this prevent him from playing the games?.

Mobius
July 28th, 2006, 13:01
not being able to connect to the internet will not affect your ability to play flash games that you have downloaded to your memory stick as no information is need from the internet to access the files. all you have to do is cancel the connection part and it will bring you tothe browser and then go to input address and then type in the folder name and file name as instructed above and it will sart up the flash game for you.

Mr.Denny
July 28th, 2006, 14:21
Excellent!

My brothers going to be very happy indeed. :)

scottyboynow, Adduc and Mobius-Thank you kindly :)

motz
July 28th, 2006, 14:50
You may have a slight problem. You will need to connect to the internet through your PSP at some point to enable the flash player. This only needs to be done once but you'll not be able to use the flash player until its done. :(

Mr.Denny
July 28th, 2006, 14:52
Would he have to do it every time before playing flash games or just once?

motz
July 28th, 2006, 15:46
Would he have to do it every time before playing flash games or just once?
Just once. :)

Mr.Denny
July 28th, 2006, 15:49
Ok, maybe something can be worked out.

Thanks again :)

motz
July 28th, 2006, 16:15
Busy, public areas with a lot of buildings are normally "hotspots". If you scan for a connection in these sorts of places, you will often find an internet connection which you could use to enable the flash player. ;)

mastrgamr92
July 28th, 2006, 19:30
bookmark the flash XD