PDA

View Full Version : Sony's psone emu

Haggisdodger
July 27th, 2006, 22:51
Hi i just want to know a few facts about sony's proposed psone emu, is it true you have to buy psone converted games to put on your memory stick or can you convert your own discs(that you legaly own) to play on your psp. Would appreciate any feedback.

cheers

GeEkPiE
July 27th, 2006, 23:11
i think they are putting them all on umd's but selling for a much cheaper price.

Adduc
July 27th, 2006, 23:16
Honestly, nobody knows how the ps1 emulator will work.

MasterChafed
July 27th, 2006, 23:23
Just had an idea though, what, if instead of a firmware update with the ps1 emu on it, they release the discs with one game on it and the emulator is designed for the game on the disc. This would up compatibility, and it would not take up space on the nand.

Adduc
July 27th, 2006, 23:35
That'd be fun, but I doubt stores would be willing to stock all those games for cheap prices.

There is spectulation that Sony will not incorporate the emulator into the firmware, but rather release it as an EBOOT, accessable like the game demos out right now.

Hawky05
July 28th, 2006, 00:16
hmm... I think they'll most probs have the downloads on the "YourPSP" site or whatever.. but you gotta register and buy the "downloads" off the net or summet.

I'll be a bit annoyed if they release the emu with a newer firmware.

tbh it would be a smart move on Sony's part but.. I still hope they don't lol.

SSaxdude
July 28th, 2006, 02:42
I'm pretty sure it will be that you have to pay for the games. I'm certainly not upgrading. Dev Hook will probably be able to emulate it any way.

IndianCheese
July 28th, 2006, 02:59
I have seen a vid of how it works.

It is downloaded via E-Distribution in next FW
It is run from the Memory Stick
The PS1 emulator is a built-in emulation engine and not an actual program.

Adduc
July 28th, 2006, 03:07
Let me guess. Sony'll be selling the games through their Connect Store. They just started to code it to display better on PSPs, and they're probably getting ready for it now.

SnoopKatt
July 28th, 2006, 03:52
Is it possible that they're just porting all of the games? Because the PSP is widescreen and PS1 is fullscreen, so if they just made an emulator, it would be stretched out. Obviously all of the games would need to have their resolution edited to look normal.

scottyboynow
July 31st, 2006, 15:57
and they would have to do something about the security incase someone cracks it and ran a rom that is say a eloader

slik da relic
July 31st, 2006, 16:24
i guess this dismisses all the naysayers sayin PSP couldnt run PS1... imagine if a coder follows Sony's work.

da relic

Video_freak
July 31st, 2006, 17:44
I'm pretty sure it will be that you have to pay for the games. I'm certainly not upgrading. Dev Hook will probably be able to emulate it any way.
i hope so :)

steve-b
July 31st, 2006, 18:08
I doubt very much there will be a ps1 'emulator' like we have SNES emu or whatever.

It is much more likely that each game would be a seperate eboot and thus we wont be able to convert our PS1 CDs to play on the PSP PS1 emulator

This is purely speculation on my part, so feel free to shoot me down :)

Mr.Denny
July 31st, 2006, 18:11
I can only assume that it`ll be a downloadable program with downloadable games.

Personaly, i wouldn`t pay for the same game twice so i`ll wait until it`s cracked for 2.6.