PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast 2

kevin1gamer
March 28th, 2010, 16:56
I have made an official petition for Sega to make a Dreamcast 2. Please share this on all the Sega and Dreamcast forums you know and be sure to try and get it stickied on those forums if you can. Speaking of sticking, please sticky this topic. The URL to the petition is: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/dreamcast2/

Darksaviour69
March 28th, 2010, 18:21
your not the first to make a dreamcast 2 petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/SEGACMBK/petition.html

And really at this stage its pointless, Sega spent years restructuring there business to be a software publishers. They aren't going to go back to face MS, Sony and Nintendo (all of which had far bigger pockets that sega) because a few hundred people sign a petition.

Sega have to at the very least become a far bigger/successful 3 party publisher before the would even consider going back to hardware (which they won't)

kevin1gamer
March 28th, 2010, 19:48
your not the first to make a dreamcast 2 petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/SEGACMBK/petition.html

And really at this stage its pointless, Sega spent years restructuring there business to be a software publishers. They aren't going to go back to face MS, Sony and Nintendo (all of which had far bigger pockets that sega) because a few hundred people sign a petition.

Sega have to at the very least become a far bigger/successful 3 party publisher before the would even consider going back to hardware (which they won't)

I think the fact that we are on a Sega forum right now proves that Sega does still have a fan-base.

VampDude
March 28th, 2010, 21:56
I think the fact that we are on a Sega forum right now proves that Sega does still have a fan-base.

Not a SEGA forum...

It's true that DCEmu formed whilst there was Dreamcast emulators, plus even initialized DC E into the site name. But all that is history, now DCEmu focuses on re-posting news and emulation news from across the web for a multitude of consoles.

I'm not a SEGA fan, one time I was and I still am. Though not for the present day SEGA, because the quality of the games have deteriorated over the years. SEGA would actually be best to have a publishing deal with one console (preferably SONY) and focus mainly on that companies consoles.

Darksaviour69
March 28th, 2010, 22:05
SEGA would actually be best to have a publishing deal with one console (preferably SONY) and focus mainly on that companies consoles.

TURNCOAT!!!
SONY IS THE ENEMY

;)

VampDude
March 28th, 2010, 22:48
TURNCOAT!!!
SONY IS THE ENEMY

;)

Nope, Microsoft is... At least before Microsoft entered the console market it was all Japanese, although Windows CE (Microsoft) was compatible with the Dreamcast. :p

Though SONY did pave the way to SEGA's shallow grave, meaning we missed out on many great games that were later scrapped on the Dreamcast. :eek:

Eviltaco64
April 6th, 2010, 21:18
TURNCOAT!!!
SONY IS THE ENEMY

;)

At least Sony didn't manipulate publishers (as far as I know, at least). You can thank Microsoft for modern-day timed exclusives.

Darksaviour69
April 8th, 2010, 11:08
At least Sony didn't manipulate publishers (as far as I know, at least). You can thank Microsoft for modern-day timed exclusives.

say wha? you think MS where the first ones to do that. Sure Nintendo forced exclusives any any game that was published on the Nes, from wiki "Third-party developers were also required to sign a contract by Nintendo that would obligate these parties to develop exclusively for the system. These extremely restricted production runs would end up damaging several smaller software developers: even if demand for their games was high, they could only produce as much profit as Nintendo allowed."

Also ghost busters was a timed exclusive for the ps3 in Europe, and Virtua Fighter 5 was also was a timed exclusive.

VampDude
April 8th, 2010, 17:47
Nintendo could place exclusives on the NES, because the console was the best selling in the 8-BIT era (probably why the Master System wasn't so popular?). It may have caused damage for some developers, whilst others gained a larger fanbase entering the 16-BIT era because of the exclusivity to the 8-BIT console. Later in the console history, developers also produced games for the SEGA console when there was a close competition, though both SEGA and Nintendo would have exclusive titles from developers (namely Konami) who would publish games on both.

Here's a good non-exclusive, one to be somewhat noted in gaming history... Mickey Mania, published by SONY (Sony Imagesoft) and Disney. It was released in 1995 on the MegaDrive (SEGA CD also - in the U.S. only), Super Nintendo and the PlayStation. Only Nintendo's version is missing the band concert level and the staircase sequence from the Mad Doctor level (all is present throught the MegaDrive version), the SEGA CD and PlayStation versions are identical, except the PlayStation boasts a few enhanced graphics. I have no idea why the Super Nintendo lacked what the MegaDrive version had still intact, though no topics have surfaced on the matter of SONY/Imagesoft's last multi-platform game... Completely off topic I know, but I thought I would note an instance of Nintendo being screwed. :p

Eviltaco64
April 8th, 2010, 21:54
say wha? you think MS where the first ones to do that. Sure Nintendo forced exclusives any any game that was published on the Nes, from wiki "Third-party developers were also required to sign a contract by Nintendo that would obligate these parties to develop exclusively for the system. These extremely restricted production runs would end up damaging several smaller software developers: even if demand for their games was high, they could only produce as much profit as Nintendo allowed."

Also ghost busters was a timed exclusive for the ps3 in Europe, and Virtua Fighter 5 was also was a timed exclusive.

I never said Microsoft made it up. Note that I said:
you can thank Microsoft for modern-day timed exclusives...