PDA

View Full Version : NesterDC and NNNesterJ

DCEmu_Newsposter
July 8th, 2004, 16:40
Scherzo has posted some WIP info about his work on 2 NES emus he is working on for the Dreamcast:[br][br] We'll see. I've been fixing games by debugging NesterDC and NNNesterJ side by side. If the game is also not working correctly in NNNesterJ, then I probably won't fix it in this first pass of bug fixes. Unfortunately, Mystery Quest is one of those games that doesn't work in both NesterDC and NNNesterJ. It'll require me to look at another emu with even higher compatibility, like Nestopia. [br][br]As for Just Breed, it works just fine in NNNesterJ and I'm looking into the problem now. I have come across several games, especially the KOEI games like Romance of the Three Kingdoms, that seem to have the same kind of problems but I haven't pin pointed exactly what's causing them. I think if I get one fixed, they will all be fixed. I hope. [br][br]On another note, I added the ability to change the button mappings to whatever you desire. You can even bind a seperate button for autofire A and autofire B. Each controller can be configured seperately. Here's the new default mapping: [br][br]NES B -> DC X [br]NES A -> DC A [br]NES Autofire B -> DC Y [br]NES Autofire A -> DC B [br]NES Start -> DC Start [br]NES Select -> DC R Trigger [br]NES Coin (for VS games) -> DC L Trigger [br][br]This way, instead of toggling autofire, you can have it at your disposal at any moment. Of course, if you don't like the default you can change them and your settings are saved to the VMU. On top of that, you have a choice of rapid fire speed for both A and B. The choices are Slow, Medium, Fast, and Insane. [br][br]I'm planning on adding a Slo Mo feature. There will be two flavors of it too. The first type will be controlled by the emulator; just skipping frames on purpose. The second type will be the old skool turbo-fire-on-the-start-button kind, like seen on many controllers from back in the day, such as the NES Advantage. [br][br]Nice to hear of the progress being made.

WHurricane16
July 8th, 2004, 18:41
This is starting to get feverish to me. Anyone here remember when we were waiting for Ken Friece to release Nester 3.0? Still the height of the scene for me.

curt_grymala
July 8th, 2004, 19:27
This is really cool. There are so many quality emulators being worked on right now. It's like a complete rebirth for the dc emu scene.

Christuserloeser
July 8th, 2004, 19:49
;D It surely is!

btw: Scherzo is 'just' working on NesterDC and compares it with his own port of NNNesterJ and the source to optimize compatibility ;)

More Info:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1088697773

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1088202267

Chris

wraggster
July 22nd, 2004, 11:40
any news Scherzo :)

scherzo
July 22nd, 2004, 14:16
I'm still making progress on NesterDC SE. Mikey242 is working on the new theme.

I've also started a new mystery project code named: DS. Before anyone jumps to conclusions, it is NOT a Nintendo DS emulator. I'll just say that it's pretty darn cool and will be beneficial to the Dreamcast homebrew community.

wraggster
July 22nd, 2004, 14:38
ooh sounds very interesting :)

wraggster
July 22nd, 2004, 14:41
i can see a guess the project newspost :P

KnoTTy^BoY
September 22nd, 2004, 12:07
Am I the only one that has trouble getting Game Genie codes to work on NNNesterJ? Everytime I try to enter a new code it gives me some weird message stating: "0 success codes added" or something like that. I find the Game Genie user interface on NNNesterJ very clunky and confusing. There's one selection in the menu for Game Genie and another for "add a Game Genie code" or something like that. I'm not even sure which one to click on to properly add codes. Is there a particular procedure I have to follow? Please lay off the smart alecky answers, I really need help here. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?