PDA

View Full Version : 2.71 to 1.5 possablilty

sgt.dicks
July 28th, 2006, 14:39
i was just thinking about editing the .php and getting the old 1.50 -> 2.60 and changing it so in stead of saying 1.5 or 2.60 or what ever. change it so it says 2.82 or 2.8 so it will think it is updateing but it is really downgrading.

Is this
Right/Possable
:confused:

splodger15
July 28th, 2006, 14:50
i was just thinking about editing the .php and getting the old 1.50 -> 2.60 and changing it so in stead of saying 1.5 or 2.60 or what ever. change it so it says 2.82 or 2.8 so it will think it is updayeing but it is really downgrading.

Is this
Right/Possable
:confused:

that will not work because once you edit the eboot it becomes corrupt

sgt.dicks
July 28th, 2006, 15:07
but i just edited one with the editer that i got about 30 mins ago and it change the new 2.8 to 2.73 and it was not currupt

wait once sec we could just use the sdk and add the stuff playstation use to make updates??? possable?
yes?, no?

splodger15
July 28th, 2006, 15:48
but i just edited one with the editer that i got about 30 mins ago and it change the new 2.8 to 2.73 and it was not currupt

wait once sec we could just use the sdk and add the stuff playstation use to make updates??? possable?
yes?, no?

nothing like that will work once you have edited the eboot it ruins the encyption on it so no it wont work change anything on the eboot and it wont work

sgt.dicks
July 28th, 2006, 15:57
so having the sdk has no use?

splodger15
July 28th, 2006, 16:12
so having the sdk has no use?

no

andrew24
July 28th, 2006, 17:15
contact someone major like darkalex or someone like that. u may have something going here.
________
honey oil (http://trichomes.org/hashish/honey-oil)

splodger15
July 28th, 2006, 17:56
contact someone major like darkalex or someone like that. u may have something going here.

wtf

scottyboynow
July 28th, 2006, 18:00
no a load have people have tried this i have tried it myself and it doesnt work it corrupts the eboot automaticcly splodger15 was right andrew24 you need to read more threads

TeamOverload
July 28th, 2006, 18:12
Yes, you can indeed edit the param.sfo, so that the psp will start the update, because it sees that the UPDATE_VER key is set to something later than what you have. However, once it boots it checks the version in the param.sfo with the one locked away in the data.psar and it fails that check, so you will get an error saying The Update is corrupt.

crait
July 28th, 2006, 19:02
Yes, you can indeed edit the param.sfo, so that the psp will start the update, because it sees that the UPDATE_VER key is set to something later than what you have. However, once it boots it checks the version in the param.sfo with the one locked away in the data.psar and it fails that check, so you will get an error saying The Update is corrupt.

the psp checks for the consistancy of the update file every nth second, it checks about 10 places, including the sfo, psar, .psp, modules etc.

the nth second, i think, is changed every update

also, when opened with an editor, the update file 'brakes'
the signiture it holds is very fragil

andrew24
July 28th, 2006, 21:02
ok
________
buy silver surfer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/silver-surfer)

sgt.dicks
July 29th, 2006, 02:42
then y not get a file viewer that only cheaks with has changed with the cover with the update then change it with some thing so it putts the update saying it is from sony

crait
July 29th, 2006, 02:47
well
you cant
sony made the program used for that
and sony wont release it
thats why

yo yoy oy

sgt.dicks
July 29th, 2006, 02:50
y dont the psp hacker make a program like sonys it would not be that hard

p.s is all playstations coding in hex?

BrooksyX
July 29th, 2006, 03:19
look this was tried way back when people were trying to go from 1.51 to 1.5. Guess what it didnt work. So untill there is an exploit that allows for kernal on 2.71 there will be no downgrader.

y dont the psp hacker make a program like sonys it would not be that hard

p.s is all playstations coding in hex?

They dont make one because they need the encryption key from sony and i am 9999.9% sure that key will never be leaked or figured out.

and most of psp code is written in C.