PDA

View Full Version : I dont know where this should be

flexedoyster
July 28th, 2006, 14:42
Move it to appropriat spot. MY brother and I both bought psps, mine was used his new, so his is automatically 2.6, i being a total newb donwloade the 2.7 update. Then finding i could not copy my games to me and him could play together without having to buy two umds. So am i screwed with the whole backup thing? Will i have to buy two of ever two player game now or is there a way we can back up our umds with our versions? If not possible is i possible to download the games from a torrent or something, locoroco works on my psp, so can you download games in that format? I really would like some help because my bro and i are the only kids in the neighborhood with psps and we really would like to play together so any help would be much appreciated.

SSaxdude
July 28th, 2006, 16:05
Yes, there is no homebrew/hacking for 2.7. I would suggest staying at 2.7 because it's more likely that a downgrader will be released for 2.7 than 2.71+.

BTW, DCEmu doesn't support piracy. It's not my opinion, but it's in the rules.

flexedoyster
July 28th, 2006, 16:21
I understand completly on the whole piracy thing, i wont ask about any more, thanks though for the advice. When do you think the donwgrader would come out?

SSaxdude
July 28th, 2006, 18:02
Well, there have been many rumors about 2.7 exploits, but I don't know if these would let someone downgrade. Nobody knows when downgraders will be released.

My suggestion: find your friends/neighbors who own a PSP, ask them what firmware they have.
If someone owns a 2.0, ask to trade with them.
If someone owns a 2.01, ask to trade with them.
If someone owns a 2.5 or 2.6, see if it is the TA-082 version PSP, and if it isn't then ask to trade with them.
http://www.modchipstore.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=164
That's a link with how to idenify a TA-082.