PDA

View Full Version : What do you use your modded PSP for?

dante221
April 9th, 2010, 20:51
So something came into my mind about Sony trying all they can to prevent people from modding their own PSP for typical pirate use, but do people only mod their PSP for the illegal pleasure?

I just want to see how many people actually mod their PSP for the use of pirated games. Please give a vote on the poll. If you use it for something else besides Homebrew or piracy, please tell us what you use it for

VampDude
April 9th, 2010, 21:32
Most people only have piracy in mind when they modify a console, though I use my PSP for playing Super Nintendo which in a way of it's own is piracy. So in some form or another, we all commit forms or piracy, many times without thinking about it because many people feel that piracy only affects the games released for that console (i.e: PSP ISO's).

Emulation is my main use, so therefore piracy since Super Nintendo roms aren't exactly legal (even if owning the original). :eek:

dante221
April 9th, 2010, 21:36
I'm pretty sure that if you own the original game of something, you can legally have a ROM to use on emulators. Perhaps I'll go do some research on the law that talks about being illegal to download video games

jxx2005
April 9th, 2010, 23:27
the law on roms is fuzzy

i use my PSP for everything i can
music, movies, games (pirated and legally owned), and homebrew (apps, games and emus)

and i would feel bad about the pirating, BUT
even if i did buy the game, i'd get it used at my local gamestop/eb games. that also doesnt benefit the producers of games.

warning, rant below

so it comes down to
-pay out the ass for it, and get it new, and help the game producers industry
-pay less out the ass for it and get it used, and help the game store (no money goes to sony when you buy a used PSP or PS3 game)
or download it