PDA

View Full Version : Help......always Saying Corrupt Data

lamborguini
July 28th, 2006, 17:03
Hi All,

I have 2.60 PSP. I've already placed n64 emulator but it keeps saying "corrupt data".......

My question is am i missing something that's why its not reading the data?

Also I have loaded SNES and MAME but not sure if this ones works but there is an icon already showing for snes and mame.

Does this mean I placed the emulator right? if the emulator is properly loaded why is it its not reading the roms? Are pc roms the same for psp or is it different?

:(:( :( comments please really need help!!!:( :( :(

GeEkPiE
July 28th, 2006, 17:22
2.60 FW will not run almost any kind of homebrew unless you have something like a GTA eloader or somthing like that but i dont know about specifics as i have a 1.5 and dont worry about it.

it would all be much easier if you just downgraded to 1.5 with the recent downgraderjust been made available

lamborguini
July 28th, 2006, 17:39
2.60 FW will not run almost any kind of homebrew unless you have something like a GTA eloader or somthing like that but i dont know about specifics as i have a 1.5 and dont worry about it.

it would all be much easier if you just downgraded to 1.5 with the recent downgraderjust been made available

Thanks, the reason I don't want to downgrade is because once you downgrade i won't be able to use the internet on my PSP.

Out of curiosity how do you downgrade anyway? and would you be able to upgrade to 2.XX if ever?

Video_freak
July 28th, 2006, 17:40
Thanks, the reason I don't want to downgrade is because once you downgrade i won't be able to use the internet on my PSP.
yes you can, with devhook. it lets you emulate 2.71 :)

lamborguini
July 28th, 2006, 17:41
what's the website and guide to downgrade and upgrade?

Video_freak
July 28th, 2006, 17:41
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28181

thats the easy downgrader. it does everything for you!
no firmware dumps needed, just GTA!

lamborguini
July 28th, 2006, 17:43
where's the guide or tutorial to downgrade and to upgrade.

Video_freak
July 28th, 2006, 17:46
you dont need a guide with the easy downgrader, it does it all for you (just try it out and you'll see :))

lamborguini
July 28th, 2006, 17:47
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28181

thats the easy downgrader. it does everything for you!
no firmware dumps needed, just GTA!

that downgrader won't work it shows the tag "IC1003" on my psp it will damage my PSP

Video_freak
July 28th, 2006, 17:50
that downgrader won't work it shows the tag "IC1003" on my psp it will damage my PSP
oh that sux, it means you have a TA-083 motherboard. no downgrader will work. theyre developing one tho :)

lamborguini
July 28th, 2006, 17:53
ii hope so............man i really don't want to spend 40 per game. but that's okay.......i'll just wait.............boooooooooooooohuhuhuhu

crying while waiting...............lol

Video_freak
July 28th, 2006, 17:58
its not THAT bad having 2.6 go online and look at "sites", it will make you feel a lot better :D

lamborguini
July 28th, 2006, 18:14
i hope so but i hope they develop an emulator that will be compatible with no downgrading.

Video_freak
July 28th, 2006, 18:18
i hope so but i hope they develop an emulator that will be compatible with no downgrading.
the good ones need 1.5 because they use kernel access. there are a couple for 2.6, but you need GTA

lamborguini
July 28th, 2006, 18:31
what's the difference between eboot and gta though?

Video_freak
July 28th, 2006, 18:54
what's the difference between eboot and gta though?
gta= grandtheft auto (game)

eboot=file format used to run apps and stuff on psp

lamborguini
July 28th, 2006, 18:55
the good ones need 1.5 because they use kernel access. there are a couple for 2.6, but you need GTA

I'm not into gta though.

Video_freak
July 28th, 2006, 18:57
I'm not into gta though.
if they make a downgrader for TA-082 motherboards, you can rent it then have a 1.5 :)

lamborguini
July 28th, 2006, 19:07
the reason why i don't want to downgrade is because i'll loose my internet browser if i downgrade.

danny666
July 28th, 2006, 19:22
no you wont you can just use devhook and it will let you use all the newsest stuff as it runs the new firmware and its toatally safe:)

jwilds73
July 28th, 2006, 19:47
If you have a 2.6 Firmware and a new model board you must own GTA in order to run emulators and homebrew. By using the GTA boot method you place code inside a GTA save game file and trick the PSP into running that code after you boot the saved game. You can not simply run Eboots from the menu like with 1.5 and 1.0 PSP's. Without GTA you can't run any homebrew software except flash games. IE: you must buy GTA