PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question........ps3 won't hook up the "old school way"

oposky2006
April 14th, 2010, 08:35
I decided to bring my ps3 to the firehouse for the night & the old tv only has the white, red, & yellow connection & s video (which the ps3 doesn't have). It does not work with the 3 colored cable & the old tv obviously has no hdmi. The dvd player hooks up just fine with the 3 colored cable but no luck with the ps3. It makes no sense...............also, the tv only has 2 input options, tv & "input". Any suggestions???

Darksaviour69
April 14th, 2010, 09:46
not sure about the ps3 but the xbox has a switch on its composite cables (white, red, & yellow connection) for tv and hdtv, if its set to the wrong one nothing shows up.

VampDude
April 14th, 2010, 23:55
The yellow/white/red cable works fine with the PS3, it's the packaged cable. I frequently use the AV Comp cable from my PS2, after changing the screen settings from HDMI to Composite (no picture otherwise).

Eviltaco64
April 15th, 2010, 00:22
You're PS3 still might be internally set to be outputting in HD. Obviously, an old-school TV won't support progressive scan or anything over 480i.

Try hooking it back up to an HDTV and turning the settings back to SD.