PDA

View Full Version : gPSP 0.9/ kai builds - Final Fantasy VI advanced keeps crashing

Cujo
April 14th, 2010, 13:05
Hi All,

I hope someone can help me.

FF 6 advanced keeps crashing on the opening credits. it gets as far as showing the square enix logo and then stops. no response at all.

I'm assuming the ROM and BIOS are ok as I have tried with the vba emulator on my laptop and it works fine (= much further than where im getting to with gPSP and it's not crashing)

I have a phat UK PSP (PSP-1003, motherboard TA-081)

I've tried several version's of gPSP (0.6/0.8/0.9/kai's versions too)

various firmware (cw3.71/4.01/5.00 m33-4/5.00 m33-6)

I know there was an issue years ago with the emu crashing the game. But since then the crashing issue was resolved to allow 16mb+ ROMs.

i have noticed that whatever version of gpsp i use on my psp, it will only show that the "Max Rom Buf:" is 16. is this where i'm having issues? should it show 32mb?

is there something i need to do to force it to look at all 32mb of ram?

or am i looking at the wrong thing?

if someone else has the same psp as me and could tell me which combination of firmware and gPSP version should work, that could help me eliminate what should/shouldn't work.

demonolith
April 14th, 2010, 15:44
I'm not sure about FF6 in particular, but I had a similar problem with Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire crashing on the intro. When I tried a different rom dump of the game, however, it worked perfectly. See if you can find the No-Intro dump of the game. Those seem to work better

Cujo
April 14th, 2010, 23:47
Looks like that worked!! Got another one which also had a sav file with it.....and now my life is complete ^_^

...........until i clock it