PDA

View Full Version : Should I upgrade

scarph
July 29th, 2006, 02:28
Hi unfortunatly I'm stuck with a 2.71 psp..sighh

I upgraded when psp scene was going slow a couple days before downgrader came out...sighhh

anyway i was wondering if theres a lot of hope for 2.71'ers besides the mod chip

If not I'll upgrade

tell me about it

razorak
July 29th, 2006, 03:00
In my opinion, i'd say u shouldn't upgrade. If u do, u'll have to wait even longer before an exploit in 2.8 is found. Hackers are definitely working on finding exploits now. If u upgrade, u'll just be falling into Sony's open arms with more security patches making it more difficult for hackers to hack the firmware.

Sure, go ahead and upgrade, but don't go crying to anybody when a 2.71 downgrader comes out if u want links i think maybe this would be them but progress seems a bit slow. However, if u can't wait either upgrade and wait even longer or go sell ur psp and buy a 1.5-2.6 instead. Just be sure they don't have a TA-082 board.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29333&highlight=button

SSaxdude
July 29th, 2006, 03:12
Trade with someone who has a downgradeable PSP. If they don't want to, make them an offer they can't refuse.

dalejrrocks
July 29th, 2006, 05:08
i'd say don't upgrade too. people are working on exploits. like crait, although i think that will lead to nothing... no offense, crait.

scarph
July 29th, 2006, 05:46
hehe this crait guy is a piece of shit

hes like a 14 year old kid who found an error message.

its happened many times before.

i think 2.6 was where the buck stopped personally.

wahhh i want homebrew

for reasons not mentionable on this site mostly

NoQuarter
July 29th, 2006, 08:49
Woah!! thats a little harsh don't you think.Anyway I reccomend against upgrading you should go for a trade or just wait

motz
July 29th, 2006, 09:47
Even if you can't run homebrew on your current firmware, never upgrade! I'm unsure if there actually are any more security patches included with firmware 2.80, but to be on the safe side I would make sure you stick with 2.71. ;)

mastrgamr92
July 30th, 2006, 04:29
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lol dont upgrade

scottyboynow
July 31st, 2006, 16:02
not a good idea stick with the lowest possible fw

crait
August 24th, 2006, 17:51
hehe this crait guy is a piece of shit

hes like a 14 year old kid who found an error message.

its happened many times before.

i think 2.6 was where the buck stopped personally.

wahhh i want homebrew

for reasons not mentionable on this site mostly

thats not really nice
im almost done... and im 100% sure this works, ive tested it about 50 times
i just need one more thing that i cant find, but as soon as i do, ill be done

ACID
August 24th, 2006, 18:38
Never upgrade you never know whats on the works. Then it would be to late.

Metroid_Fan
August 24th, 2006, 19:16
Hi unfortunatly I'm stuck with a 2.71 psp..sighh

I upgraded when psp scene was going slow a couple days before downgrader came out...sighhh

anyway i was wondering if theres a lot of hope for 2.71'ers besides the mod chip

If not I'll upgrade

tell me about it

I had a 2.70 psp a few days ago but when i was on holiday the wi-fi broke so i contacted sony and they sent me a new psp with 2.60 firmware and then i used dark_alex's downgrader but you need the unpatched version of GTA:LCS. So if you manage to actidently drop your psp on the bit where the wi-fi is sony will send you a new one with lower firmware.

Zion
August 24th, 2006, 19:20
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Dont upgrade.....whatever you do

Uruz 6
August 24th, 2006, 19:40
Trade with someone who has a downgradeable PSP. If they don't want to, make them an offer they can't refuse.

And maybe leave the head of a dead horse in their sleeping bed?
Seriously don't upgrade!!

BL4Z3D247
August 24th, 2006, 19:51
thats not really nice
im almost done... and im 100% sure this works, ive tested it about 50 times
i just need one more thing that i cant find, but as soon as i do, ill be done
hey crait what do u need, i'm willing to give a helping hand and i'm bored lol i left my psp at my girl's...she called me and i heard her playing KETM :(

ohh yeh and UPGRADING is against the rules here at DCEmu, not to mention illegal so u can't talk about it here...lol j/k :p...but yeh never upgrade unless ur against homebrew if that's case upgrade all u want lol

Video_freak
August 24th, 2006, 19:53
hey crait what do u need, i'm willing to give a helping hand and i'm bored lol i left my psp at my girl's...she called me and i heard her playing KETM :(
Lmao! :)
Btw, DO NOT UPGRADE, EVER!!!!!

eazy-e
August 24th, 2006, 22:16
hell na don NOT Upgrade

M!ckeY
August 24th, 2006, 22:21
upgrades are the DEVIL!!!

crait
August 25th, 2006, 01:30
I need a text editor for the psp v. 1.5
that does not use lua coding, but instead is based on c/c++
im trying to mod something in my flash, then do some things, then get some stuff off the flash, port it on my compy... look at the ARC-009 codes... yatta yatta boom! signiture in tact...
but yeah

DO NOT UPGRADE

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 26th, 2006, 02:14
when i was a compleate noob, i upgraded my friends' psps to 2.71, they h8 me! jk, but theyre pissed. i should be ashamed of myself

crait
August 27th, 2006, 00:36
yes! i found the file i need, now i just gotta convert it to 1.5!
so im like --- that close to being done!

BL4Z3D247
August 27th, 2006, 00:50
awesome crait!!! now what is this gunna allow to run...emus/apps/homebrew???

crackkills
August 27th, 2006, 01:17
You know what else i would stay but maybe we will all be able to upgrade if sony starts supporting homebrew again. Fingers Crossed.(don't let us down sony)

crait
August 27th, 2006, 19:00
dangit, sooo close, but that was not the file i needed, and i almost bricked
ill aim you blazed and tell you wat all i need, and what this will do

oh, and my plan does work, its be revised, so it doesnt matter if you read the thread i made a while back, its kinda the same, but different