Fluffbutt
April 18th, 2010, 07:55
Running 500m33-6 on a psp1002

Emu's tried are:
Snes9x Euphoria R3.rar
Snes9x UO 002y32.rar
Snes9xTYL 042 Me.rar

Problem:

Legend of zelda, after you've got the sword of your dad, and you head up into the castle grounds, past the guards and into the front doors - the screen goes blank and stays there.

No changes to the renderer make any difference. the BIG annoyance is that this problem was only on 042 Me version, and Euphoria R3 worked perfectly - now Euphoria is doing it too.

I have tried replacing all the files twice.

Any ideas?

(Personally, I'm beginning to think that emulation on the psp is a bit crap - my ChiPsp fake does snes better!)

Ultimate warrior
June 28th, 2010, 17:24
It runs perfectly fine for me. My only suggestion is to get a ROM with a [!] symbol, as those a verified good dumps. Also, try this emulator

s9xTYLmecm 091124

Just search for mecm under the emulator section in the PSP section of gj.net. This one seems to run all the games the fastest out of all currently available emulators (but it crashes frequently, so make sure you save often).

As for emulation being crap, well, I'm sure you know from making your own emulator that good emulation isn't exactly the easiest stuff to accomplish in the world. SNES emulation on PSP has gone a LONG way since its initial incarnation on the PSP years ago. Besides try some other emulators besides SNES, like nesterj for nes, or picodrive for genesis / sega cd, or masterboy for gameboy / game gear / master system / game boy color / super gameboy. Those emulators are pretty amazing and run games flawlessly (at least the ones I threw at them)