PDA

View Full Version : New Natal title outed

wraggster
April 18th, 2010, 16:48
An all-new first-party Natal project has been outed by a US movie director. But don't get too excited, hardcore 360 fans - this sits very much in 'casual' territory.

River Rush was detailed on the blog of US movie exec James Gunn, who recounted his experiences at a Microsoft showcase.

In addition to the already-seen Ricochet, Gunn played River Rush alongside a friend from MS, called Dave. Dave sounds like fun.

Here's how Gunn described it:

It's a game where you stand side by side in a river raft, so it's two people playing at once. To move right, you have to step right; to move left, you have to step left. As you rush down right rapids, you have to jump up and slap floating stars in the air - the whole raft jumps up every time you do.

This game was even more exhilarating than the kicking one, and even more aerobically challenging. In fact, I'd say the ONLY drawback to the Natal some people may have is that you have to get up off your ass to play it. But, for me, a person who likes exercise and gaming, it's sort of a dream come true. An hour of playing Natal every night will definitely burn calories.

Dave's avatar was a girl during River Rush, probably because Dave feels like a little princess inside, and I suddenly realized how awesome it would be for my avatar to molest Dave's. As my avatar rubbed its crotch against Dave's avatar's ass the Microsoft folks started laughing and said that was the first time they had seen anyone do that. I was extremely proud of myself. I'm sure millions of little assholes will follow in the wake of my avatar-raping, but I want it to be noted in my Wikipedia page that I was the very first.

Warming him to the hearts of core gamers everywhere, Gunn added:

Whether I'm historically acknowledged or not, the Natal was an amazing piece of technology and I'll be the first one in line to buy one when they come out during the holidays. Bayman told me there were boxing and football and other Natal games coming out, but I really, really can't wait to shoot someone on that ****ing thing.

Amen, sir. Amen.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=243158?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS