PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Dsi/R4i Card... Please?

thornedmother
April 19th, 2010, 05:03
I bought an R4i Revolution Upgrade Card for my brand new Dsi a few weeks ago. The box is red and it has the 1.4 Firmware compatible symbol with the URL www.r4i-sdhc.com. The card was working fine and playing downloaded games for a about a week but I've only had it for a week. Last night I hit the Wi-Fi option and it started downloading kernel updates. When I turned the DSI back on it said"Fake Card-Return to Retailer"
Afterward, I contacted the website that I purchases the card from and they of course told me to format the SD card and check for latest software. I did all of these things. Now the Fake Card message is gone, but all I get now is a blank white screen. Does anyone have any advice or anyone that has had experience buying from this retailer: www.r4-ds-card.com?
I've even gone as far as Formatting the Dsi back to original settings and still nothing. Is it possible that my SD card is bad. It's a SanDisk 2 GB...?

Also, if you think that this card is crap would anyone recommend what card to buy and from where?

Thanks for your time!
Mandy

VampDude
April 19th, 2010, 18:21
Please read the rules and regulations (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=46&a=4) regarding your question and the stance on piracy issues here on DCEmu.

oafan
April 26th, 2010, 23:40
Yeah the r4 is crap. For other options i recommend the acecard 2i. get it from shoptemp.com as they sell legit acecards