PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Help: PSP Charging/Power Issues

AnotherBrowncoat
April 20th, 2010, 19:22
Howdy all. I'm new to DCemu, but I've had a Cfw hacked PSP phat 1000 for a while now, and never had any issues like this.

Here's the problem: I plug my PSP charger in, and the LED turns orange like normal. However, no charge is actually put into the battery, (it just says it's running externally, no charging) and the PSP dies after three or so minutes.
Pulling out the charger and putting it back in again sorts it for the next three or so minutes, but it's hardly a solution, as the PSP has effectively died, and so goes through booting up all over again.

I've tried using a different charger and a different battery, but the same problem is still happening. Thus I'm assuming that the problem is with the actual PSP innards, but have no idea where to start in fixing it, and the CFW kind of voids the warranty. :P

If anyone has a clue on how to fix this, help would be very much appreciated. :] Thanks.

VampDude
April 22nd, 2010, 09:03
If the charger hole is defective, you can always use a charging stand which charges the console via the two metal strips... I did that with an old PSP.