PDA

View Full Version : Rip Blu Ray to PS3 help!!!

blumovie2
April 22nd, 2010, 09:26
OK so i been reading lots of forms from back in 2008 on how to rip blu ray to my ps3 but still having a few problems.
So i use anydvd HD works but still using the trial version anyone got something better thats free?

After the files are on my hard drive is there a free program i can use to convert those files for the PS3? I would like to keep the full HD quality of the video and the 5.1 surround sound. I have found programs to keep full HD but not the surround sound. any ideas?
And how do i transfer the 8 gig file to a FAT 32 HD when its only supports 4 gigs?

VampDude
April 22nd, 2010, 22:45
It cannot be done, unless you do so with a PC.

I use TVersity for my large movie files, the PS3 can also download the file from your personal connection.

oposky2006
April 27th, 2010, 05:46
Ok, here is such a good tool named Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper (http://www.pavtube.com/blu-ray-ripper/) which can help u, although it is not free. It can rip m2ts files off from Blu-ray disc. In the setting, 5.1 channel is also available for m2ts files. And the copy process will not lose any quality.
Good luck.

blumovie2
April 29th, 2010, 06:30
I know i should do it with a pc, and i will have a try with its trial version.
And how do i transfer the 8 gig file to a FAT 32 HD when its only supports 4 gigs?

VampDude
April 29th, 2010, 11:06
I know i should do it with a pc, and i will have a try with its trial version.

Download the trial (http://tversity.com/download), then from the console you can select the item and copy it to your system, which would take 15-25 minutes depending on the speed of your PC and router setup.

To answer the question of 8GB on FAT 32, the answer is NO. But the method I've mentioned of TVersity, is the only one I know that works (tried and tested by myself - with the trial and full version).

blumovie2
May 1st, 2010, 04:11
well, there is no way to stream 8GB file to ps3?

oposky2006
May 2nd, 2010, 06:05
well, i just came across a guide showing how to stream huge video files to ps3 from a forum.
It will help u:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Media/HOW-TO-MEDIA-SHARING/m-p/29256658

VampDude
May 3rd, 2010, 14:55
well, there is no way to stream 8GB file to ps3?

There is, depending on how you encode your video (something I don't know how to explain). Currently, I'm encoding (re-converting in my case) my videos to 'm2ts' which is the format used by PlayTV (a format used across all SONY devices), you can get m2ts conversion software by looking either for a converter or the software for one of SONY's newer HD cameras.

Failing that (since the easiest/tested option isn't working for you), split the file into say three or four parts (numbered) and place into the same folder on the system. Apart from the blip of a minute fraction of a second, your file should play without any trouble whatsoever.

Also, a second fail (if you don't want to split them) would be to make the drive NTFS and force it back to FAT32 without formatting (there are freeware/shareware tools). I've done that many times with drives (the 320GB external connected to my PS3) I've forgotten XP/Vista forces back into NTFS when formatting.

I hope something of this is any help. :cool: