PDA

View Full Version : Yabause 9 windows problem

Loydphyx
April 22nd, 2010, 19:14
Hi, there.

I'm new with the emulation concept. I've already used a psx2psp emu, a ePSXe to Windows emu, and now I've just gotten a Yabause 0.9.10 for windows with it's bios.

I've set everything that was supposed to be done in the settings part, but when I play, for example: Sonic Jam, the game is very laggy, pixelated and the sound is crashing. Not to mention that when I chose to play the sonic genesis collection in Sonic Jam (16bit) the backround gameplay scrolls in chunks of pixels.

What should I do or install? Please, help!

F2bnp
April 22nd, 2010, 21:46
Drop Yabause, it's very unfinished and has always been. Go with SSF, it's by far the best Sega Saturn emulator!

BlueCrab
April 22nd, 2010, 22:56
All emulators have their up and down points. Keep in mind that Yabause is still under active development. If you find bugs, you should report them to the Yabause team using the bug reporting tools that are on the project's page.

Bugs with Yabause should be reported at this website: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=89991&atid=592126

Now, something just being slow is another story. Emulating the Sega Saturn is no small task, and requires quite a bit of computer horsepower. However, something being pixelated irregularly sounds like it might be a bug. Try taking a screenshot (I believe the Windows version has built-in screenshot functionality), and reporting it as a bug on the Sourceforge project.

Bug reports help the Yabause team improve the project, since we obviously don't have time to test every single game with every single release.

Also @F2bnp, just telling someone flat out to use another emulator isn't in the least bit helpful. SSF is not a "finished" product either, and is still under development. It has its own bugs, just as Yabause does. SSF has been around longer than Yabause, as far as I can tell, so thus its believable that it might have less bugs. However, saying that Yabause is "very unfinished" disrespects the huge amount of work that we have put into Yabause.

F2bnp
April 23rd, 2010, 17:44
I don't see you being helpful at all.
SSF is just straight up better. It plays games almost always fullspeed.
I'd be surprised if yabause actually runs any commercial game fullspeed. Yeah ok they might have put a lot of effort and work into it, but really it doesn't show at the very least.

Here's a youtube video for you about how to setup SSF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB3-b5oPENA

Have fun!

BlueCrab
April 23rd, 2010, 18:25
I don't see you being helpful at all.
SSF is just straight up better. It plays games almost always fullspeed.
I'd be surprised if yabause actually runs any commercial game fullspeed. Yeah ok they might have put a lot of effort and work into it, but really it doesn't show at the very least.Did I at all deny your assertion that SSF may be a better choice for a general user? No. Maybe the guy that started the thread has a reason for running Yabause over SSF? Did you ever consider that possibility?

Also, I can tell you that Yabause plays games at full speed on my computer, which is 4 years old at this point (2.0GHz Core Duo (32-bit), ATi Radeon X1600, 2GB of RAM).

All I did was ask the first guy in the thread to report the bugs that he has seen. It can only serve to make the project better. Once again, your statement that our hard work on the project doesn't show is disrespectful, and frankly makes me a bit perturbed. Kindly suggesting that the user consider using SSF is one thing. Stating that what they're using is a piece of trash is another.

F2bnp
April 23rd, 2010, 23:32
Sue me.
Oh and chill, this is the Internet after all, I'm just one guy from the other side of the world.
And I did give him an answer on what to do, I didn't tell him to just bug report. Anyway, if you've got anything else you want to settle, PM me, this is ridiculous.

BlueCrab
April 24th, 2010, 03:48
Sue me.
Oh and chill, this is the Internet after all, I'm just one guy from the other side of the world.
And I did give him an answer on what to do, I didn't tell him to just bug report. Anyway, if you've got anything else you want to settle, PM me, this is ridiculous.You didn't give him an answer. You made a suggestion that didn't even come close to answering his question in about the most assholeish way you possibly could (at least to us developers of Yabause), and now you're carrying it on and on.

You've added almost nothing constructive to this whole thread.

And now, since the question has been answered, before this argument keeps going....

TOPIC LOCKED