PDA

View Full Version : Custom Firmware Upgrade Options

zanaku
April 24th, 2010, 12:22
Hi there. Later today I am coming into possession of a psp 1000, running 2.81 firmware, with an unpatched GTA LCS. I have been researching, and have found the following options for upgrade to be most plausible:

-Upgrade to 3.03 official firmware, and use the downgrader to get to 1.50, then move on from there

-Upgrade to 5.03 OF, and use chickHEN, moving on from there.

Now, I'm still looking into that second option, and I'm still browsing through the various forums, however I can't seem to find a definitive answer as to which is the safest/best method. Moreover, a word on which is the most reliable CF at current times would be nice, as much of the information floating about is dated.

cheers.

Tungsten Tide
April 24th, 2010, 16:45
I would upgrade to 5.00 OFW and then install M33 team's CFW 5.00 M33-6. I think the 5.50 branch of CFW is still a bit buggy but if you want you could use GEN team's CFW.

FireStag
April 24th, 2010, 17:52
I've never had a problem using a Pandora's Battery to get to 1.5, as long as you know someone with a CFW PSP you're good.

Tungsten Tide
April 24th, 2010, 19:20
You dont need a Pandora's Battery anyway. All it used to do is power the psp in service mode which can be done by a power cord if you set the psp to service mode. Youtube will get you the rest of this info.

zanaku
April 24th, 2010, 20:39
so from 5.00 official firmware; where does it go from there exactly? what method is used?

Tungsten Tide
April 24th, 2010, 23:40
This video shows the chickHEN R2 exploit at work. If you load a specially crafted tiff it will crush your psp and embed code on close. It will take a while maybe a few times.

The version name will change. This shows that you have changed what lies inside the RAM. So download the exploit and run it. Do this. (see video below) Make sure that everything is set to "off" under "System Settings." i.e. UMD cache "off" etc.

Note: PSP-3000 are partially hackable. Don't install cfw on a PSP-3000. It will be killed. :mad:

PSP-3000 fw 5.03 ChickHEN R2 installation with 90-100% Success

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5VLVmIEvsE

Get "PSPident 0.4" to check your motherboard is able for cfw.