PDA

View Full Version : Big surprise coming from NJ

parsifal968
July 30th, 2006, 19:00
Big surprise coming from NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/)

Stay tuned!:eek:

Video_freak
July 30th, 2006, 19:06
okay, when is it unraveled?

Gizmo356
July 30th, 2006, 19:14
tell me or else

wraggster
July 30th, 2006, 19:17
where does it say big surprise

splodger15
July 30th, 2006, 19:36
is this even true

Malksta
July 30th, 2006, 20:12
Psx Emulat0r!

BrooksyX
July 30th, 2006, 20:18
Yeah i translated that page into english with google and i couldnt find anything about a suprise.

Mr.Denny
July 30th, 2006, 20:26
Bullshit i say! :)

Video_freak
July 30th, 2006, 20:28
ya i know, they're probably gonna release a fake psx emu which is actually a psp virus :rolleyes:

SnoopKatt
July 30th, 2006, 20:50
I don't see anything about a PSX emulator, but I do see something about the Capcom Play System emulator. Maybe that was mixed up with the Play Station?

ACID
July 30th, 2006, 20:55
ya i know, they're probably gonna release a fake psx emu which is actually a psp virus :rolleyes:
Sorry dude i don't know about the surprise either but. NJ is not that type of person you are obviously new and don't know all the great work he has brought to our psp.:)

Video_freak
July 30th, 2006, 20:58
Sorry dude i don't know about the surprise either but. NJ is not that type of person you are obviously new and don't know all the great work he has brought to our psp.:)
ya, i havent seen any of NJ's work yet. could you perhaps give me a link or some information?

splodger15
July 30th, 2006, 21:05

yeh thats what i say aswell

DPyro
July 31st, 2006, 00:14
Any PSX emu will not be coming from him (though I know who will).

Gizmo356
July 31st, 2006, 00:28
i hate you sniper always leaving us in suspence

DPyro
July 31st, 2006, 00:29
Ho, um...did I say something? :rolleyes:

Gizmo356
July 31st, 2006, 00:36
omg there you go again dont worry ill understand you someday

DPyro
July 31st, 2006, 00:42
Yes, I cant wait till all hell breaks loose either :)

PSPdemon
July 31st, 2006, 00:52
lol....

$n!pR...........you crack me up some times.........( sometimes)

Kaiser
July 31st, 2006, 03:11
omg there you go again dont worry ill understand you someday

Patience, PSOne is coming soon (but not from NJ). No one really understands or will ever understand $n!pR.

except maybe PSMonkey ;)

DPyro
July 31st, 2006, 03:27
No worries, no one understands Produkt either :p

SSaxdude
July 31st, 2006, 04:14
It's a Zinc emulator.

pkmaximum
July 31st, 2006, 04:36
ughhh Zinc I was hoping on a full fledged ps1 emulator zinc didn't have to many great games compared to the whole PSX library.

Video_freak
July 31st, 2006, 09:05
what the hell is Zinc?

Gizmo356
July 31st, 2006, 09:17
i never heard of zinc

Baboon
July 31st, 2006, 09:35
Zinc is a 3D emulator that is basically a Playstation. It supports Namco’s System 11 and Sony ZN1+2 games.

Some of the games that Zinc supports are:

Street Fighter EX, Star Gladiator, Rival Schools, Strider 2, Battle Arena Toshinden 2, Tetris The Grand Master, Sonic Wings Limited, Psychic Force, Soul Calibre, Tekken (1+2) etc

This would be cool on PSP! :)

Video_freak
July 31st, 2006, 09:39
indeed that would be awesome! :D

XioN980
July 31st, 2006, 10:20
Patience, PSOne is coming soon (but not from NJ). No one really understands or will ever understand $n!pR.

except maybe PSMonkey ;)

Is that last part supposed to be a hint, is it PSMonkey?

ACID
July 31st, 2006, 10:23
Hopefully raine

Baboon
July 31st, 2006, 10:50
Hopefully raine

I agree with ya there.

Theres many great games on Raine, plus hopefuly theres a version of Bubble Bobble that works!

Video_freak
July 31st, 2006, 10:55
whats Raine? sorry for the noob questions but i had never heard of zinc or raine before today :)

Baboon
July 31st, 2006, 11:39
Raine is an emulator that has loads of old arcade games running on it and its mainly based on Taito and Jaleco games hardware.

Newzeland Story, bubble bobble, rainbow islands etc. :)

PSmonkey
August 3rd, 2006, 00:35
according to the news submit forums its cps2 emulation.

Also i second the idea of a Taito F-3 emulator for puzzle bobble series, elevator action 2 & bubble bobble series.

dagger89
August 4th, 2006, 15:58
For ppl who don't know what zinc or cps2 are, let a rom site explain:

The Capcom Play System (CPS-2), was a powerful pice of hardware developed in 1993 by Capcom. It was the hardware that games like; 1944: The Loop Master, Marvel Super Heroes, Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Vs. Capcom, Pocket Fighter, Street Fighter Zero (Alpha) 1-3, Super Street Fighter *, The Vampire (Hunter) / DarkStalkers series, X-men: Children of the Atom, X-Men VS Street Fighter, etc. were based off of.

It should be noted that the CPS-2 system had complex-encryption methods used which were initially used to prevent cartridges from being easily reproduced and pirated, however an off set to the complex encryption\decryption scheme has caused great trouble with emulating the games through emulators such as MAME. Also a method known as "CPS-2 Suicide" was implemented where by if the machine is unassembled the connection to the lithium battery would most certainly be lost causing the decryption keys to be lost from the S-RAM located inside one of the onboard custom chips, thus making the board a paperweight. The bad (and perhaps unintentional) side effect is that eventually over time the board would just die anyway, meaning even if you were using it legally you could not play it after a finite amount of time (unless you paid Capcom a fee to replace it that is...).

CPS2 games:
1944: The Loop Master
19XX: The War Against Destiny
Aliens Vs. Predator
Armored Warriors
Battle Circuit
Capcom Sports Club
Cyberbots
Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
Dimahoo
Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara
Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom
Eco Fighters
Giga Wing
Mars Matrix
Marvel Super Heroes
Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter
Marvel Vs. Capcom
Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
Mighty! Pang
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge
Progear
Quiz Nanairo Dreams: Nijiirochou no Kiseki
Ring of Destruction: Slammasters 2
Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Super Gem Fighter: Mini Mix
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo
Super Street Fighter 2 - The New Challengers
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers Revenge
Vampire Savior 2: The Lord of Vampire
Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire
X-Men Vs. Street Fighter
X-Men: Children of the AtomZinc:
Read more about Zinc
In computer games, MAME is an acronym for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. According to the official MAME website (http://www.mame.net) (http://www.mame.net%29), the first official MAME release (0.1) was released on February 5 1997 by Nicola Salmoria. MAME tries to faithfully emulate as many different arcade machines and games as possible, and has been ported to many different platforms. The X11 port for UNIX-like systems is called XMAME.

MAME's purpose is to preserve gaming history, and to stop vintage games from being lost or forgotten. As of version 0.93 (actually the 137th proper release), released February 27, 2005, MAME now supports 3061 unique games and 5524 actual ROMsets (each game may just have the original or have one or more clones as well - see below) and is growing all the time. However, not all of the games in MAME are playable, about 680 ROMsets are marked as not working in the current version.

How MAME works
MAME is a software program which runs on personal computer hardware, with versions for Windows, Macintosh, and Unix operating systems. MAME itself performs several functions: a CPU emulator, which emulates the CPU of the original arcade machine; an input emulator, which maps the arcade buttons, joysticks, and so on to PC devices; and an emulator for the arcade game display and sound equipment. The only thing missing from MAME is the ROM image, which is the program from the original arcade game which made the game run. When MAME is run, it is running the original game from several years ago - just on different hardware.

Emulation philosophy
The stated aim of the project is to document hardware, and so MAME takes a somewhat purist view of emulation, prohibiting cheap hacks that might make a game run properly or run faster at the expense of emulation accuracy. In MAME every emulated component is replicated down to the smallest level of individual registers and instructions. Consequently, MAME emulation is very accurate (in many cases pixel- and sample-accurate), but system requirements can be high. Since MAME runs mostly older games, Moore's Law ensures that a large majority of the games run well on a "midpoint" 2 GHz PC. More modern arcade machines are based around fast pipelined RISC processors, math DSPs, and other devices which are difficult to emulate efficiently. These systems may not run quickly even on the most modern systems available. It's a common assumption that the speed problem is due to these games' use of 3D graphics. MAME does not use hardware rasterization on 3D games because you can't guarantee identical output between different brands of cards, or even revisions of drivers on the same card. Consistency of output across platforms is very important to the MAME team - the Macintosh and Unix/Linux ports are just as important as Windows. Detractors to this philosophy point out that ports that make use of proprietary display routines already exist (e.g MAME32, which uses DirectDraw) and that support of hardware 3D acceleration through OpenGL ought to be added as an option that users can activate or deactivate according to personal preference.

Fighting Layer (JP) Ver. B
Aqua Rush (JP) Ver. A
Battle Arena Toshinden 2 (JP)
Beastorizer (US)
Bloody Roar 2 (JP)
Brave Blade (JP)
Cool Boarders Arcade Jam (US)
Dead or Alive++
Dunk Mania (JP) DM2 Ver. C
Ehrgeiz (JP) Ver. A
Fighters Impact A (JP 2.00J)
G-Darius (JP 2.01J)
Gallop Racer 3 (JP)
Heaven's Gate
Monster Farm Jump (JP)
Paca Paca Passion (JP) Ver. A
Plasma Sword (US)
Prime Goal EX (JP) Ver. A
Psychic Force (World 2.4O)
Rival Schools (US)
Sonic Wings Limited (JP)
Soul Edge (JP) SO1 Ver. A
Soul Edge Ver. II (JP) SO4 Ver. C
Star Sweep (JP) Ver. A
Street Fighter EX 2 PLUS (ASIA)
Street Fighter EX 2 PLUS (JP)
Strider 2 (ASIA)
Tech Romancer (US)
Tekken (WORLD) Ver. C
Tekken 2 (World) Ver. B
Tekken 3 (JP) Ver. A
Tetris The Grand Master (JP)
Tondemo Crisis
Xevious 3D/G (JP) Ver. A

Video_freak
August 4th, 2006, 16:02
nice explanation. i feel free of any questions regarding zinc or cps-2 :)