PDA

View Full Version : hey im new here.... and i have a little probelm

systemofachris
August 10th, 2004, 13:47
i managed to burn a sbi for the street fighter 2 individual game, and it loaded up the press a to start button, but it crashed afterwards

i was wondering do i need anything extra?

im thinking it doenst come with the rom as that illegal ;) is this the case?

if i was going to get hold of the rom, should i leave it in zip format, and what one do i need?

Hola
August 10th, 2004, 14:41
Yeah it doesnt come with the rom.
I forgot what excact version of the game you needed also. You should try Ian's site. He's the one who ported it and the offical files of it should have all the information you will need.

Hawq
August 10th, 2004, 15:01
Iirc its the rom from mame 36.b16 it needs, unless it got updated when dc mame got updated to around .80

curt_grymala
August 11th, 2004, 07:19
Iirc its the rom from mame 36.b16 it needs, unless it got updated when dc mame got updated to around .80

I am pretty sure you're correct. It uses 0.36 roms.

Also - to answer your question, it does need to be zipped.

systemofachris
August 11th, 2004, 12:40
thanks there people, thats what i thought, see i have the rom but considering i have the rom for the latest mame, i dont think it'll work

how do you know what version it made for?

Hola
August 11th, 2004, 13:16
Mame's site should have a list.
If it was me i'd try a CPS emu that doesnt check for naming at all. But theres none for dc yet.

systemofachris
August 11th, 2004, 13:26
so i really should search for a specific filename, itd be a dream if alien vs predator arcade worked on it ;)

curt_grymala
August 11th, 2004, 20:33
It has nothing to do with the filename. Old version roms will have the same names as newer version roms. It all has to do with the filesize. Older versions of these roms contained more files than the newer versions. I believe that MAME actually has a method of sorting your roms by version, but it can be kind of a pain in the ass to go through all the folders to figure out which version your rom is.

Hola
August 11th, 2004, 22:04
I only know about CPS1 2 and Neogeo and it checks for name and sometimes newer files.