PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about getting G6 Lite... What do you think?

metroplex2k7
July 31st, 2006, 00:48
As some of you know, I got a little too excited and dropped $120 for the Max Media Player. Thinking I'd be able to listen to music, watch movies, and play emulators and homebrew.

Of course, that's not the case. So after doing a little research, the new G6 Lite 4GB has caught my eye. I just want to know:

a) If you have one, does it do all the above? And do you have to purchase any passkeys to use it or does it come with it?

b) If you don't have one, but know something about it, do you think it is worth shelling out another $100?

deviouscontrol
July 31st, 2006, 00:58
One thing you might want to know is that its not 4gb storage, only 512mb, for that amount of money the supercard lite + sd micro card would be worth a lot more, and I'm not sure, but I believe both need a passkey unless you flash it.

Quay Cur
July 31st, 2006, 09:21
You only need a Passcard when running DS games or homebrew, without it your DS sees the flash cart as a GBA game. A decent amount of stores offer a bundle to simplify things. Passcard 3 is what you want if you're getting a G6 Lite. Supercard has their own Superkey. Then of course there is flashing, which many people swear by, but I'm never going to do it.

If I were you I'd unload that MMP for as much as I could get and pick up a G6 Lite (or M3 Lite if you want bigger and removable storage media). Maybe even mow a lawn or two to make up the difference (assuming you aren't too old to be doing that :), or ya know, you have a real job)