PDA

View Full Version : Broken(?) NDS.phat While Replacing Housing

nick15
April 28th, 2010, 22:40
OK, here's the situation.

I bought a new housing to replace my old skool Nintendo DS Phat with. I carefully undid everything and took my time putting it back together again. However, when it finally came to turn it on, I got nothing. I reopened it up, but didn't find anything amiss; all the cords were attached properly, nothing fell out, nothing appeared broken, and I didn't smell any ozone to tell me that something had burnt out.

Specifically, this is what it's doing:
* The top screen won't turn on
* The touch screen will flash once every second or so
* The speakers will make a "click" noise every time the touch screen flashes
* The power light will stay green, with the red light flashing when the touch screen flashes
* This flashing will continue until I turn it off or remove the battery.

If it's not doing the above, it'll:
* the touch screen will flash on, as well as the green power light, then turn off and stay off.

I suspect that the dark brown cord that attaches the top screen to the main motherboard [http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15855] is the thing that broke, but again, I made sure I didn't break anything while disassembling it... though it's not to say that maybe it broke itself on its own.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on how to get my NDS.phat working again? I hope I don't have to replace that dark brown cord, but will if I need to. Bear in mind that it WAS working perfectly fine BEFORE I opened it up to replace its housing.

Thanks for any help you can give me on this!

nick15
April 29th, 2010, 00:20
False alarm guys. Turns out I didn't insert any of the cords into their slots hard enough or completely enough.

I guess then, for anyone who finds this post who is looking to fix their NDS's, make absolutely sure you have everything plugged completely and fully!

Shrygue
April 29th, 2010, 21:58
This happened to me before when I needed to replace the digitiser (aka the touch panel, NOT the LCD) on my old Nintendo DS original and I didn't insert the cable for it all the way in. Good to check all cable before thinking about buying another component or mainboard.

supertankerninja
May 15th, 2010, 20:24
my problem is similar to what happened with nick's but mine is a dslite and i am trying to replace the housing, i actidently broke the touch screen(not lcd) the wire that plugs in to the motherboard, it got twisted and the inner wires got all busted, i bought a new touch screen and i replace it with the old one, i got everything ready( battery, black+white wires, touch screen plugged in) everything is plugged in and when i try to turn on my dslite, all it does is flash green and then red then turns right off, i also made sure that my battery is not dead so it won't be the battery's fault. what did i do wrong, anyone please reply, i really want to get my ds fixed. thanks