PDA

View Full Version : neo geo cd emu???

bobafett
August 7th, 2004, 10:02
ive got the neo cd emu, but what do i need to do when it loads and says remove disc? do i put ripped games in or ( this is gona sound so dumb) do i put in original neo geo cds? please help this uneducated person??

LyonHrt
August 7th, 2004, 10:18
i think it was made to support original neocds

Darksaviour69
August 7th, 2004, 11:30
yes u put the original cd in!

Hola
August 7th, 2004, 11:40
Why tell this person a semi truth?
It works with ripped or Orginal games. In fact it works with rips better so if you have an orginal rip it and down sample the files like most rips are.

quzar
August 7th, 2004, 12:05
Why tell this person a semi truth?
It works with ripped or Orginal games. In fact it works with rips better so if you have an orginal rip it and down sample the files like most rips are.

Because there are rules on this forum. Also, It works better with originals. It just so happens that most rips were made from lots that were picked because they work with the PC emulators. The original of the game is always better though.

bobafett
August 7th, 2004, 14:46
so if i buy original neo geo cd games , they will work if i load the neo geo cd emu first? does anybody know where to download the games? i own a neo geo aes console and have 15 games, so if i download the games i own, that is not illegal? is this true? its a grey area for me, not to familiar with emu laws?

wraggster
August 7th, 2004, 17:41
as far as i know, downloading games you own is still considered warez.

quzar
August 7th, 2004, 18:49
yes, downloading games you own is not considered making backups of them. A backup has to be of your exact copy (serial number and such) as opposed to a copy of someone else's disc.

also, if you have 15 games why dont you just use them? if they are scratched and you planned on downloading/buring warez of them you could just make your own backups.

bobafett
August 7th, 2004, 23:19
i cant back up aes home carts? just wanted to see how they ran on a dreamcast machine, plus if any of you own a neo home console you will know the size of them, the game boxes are massive , along with the machine and arcade stick, having two young children tends to take up a lot of room , so my aes console is nearly always packed away

Eric
August 8th, 2004, 00:48
Hey man as much as people love to help out there is no way me or any of the dcemu people will help with commercial game ripping its illegal.

Sorry

Eric

Hola
August 8th, 2004, 01:24
First off theres no way a AES cart will play on a Neo Geo "CD!!!!!!" emulator. They're not the same system tho similar in hardward.
Also I think its morally fine if you download the CD version of any AES cart game you own. Especially since the AES carts are hunderds of dollars and the cd games are only abouy $100 at the most.
However morally right it is to do it tho dont look to any of use to the warez files.

Eric
August 8th, 2004, 01:35
Yeah your right but nobody in these forums will help out with ripping,burning, and making images for commercial games its illegal.

quzar
August 8th, 2004, 05:45
i cant back up aes home carts? just wanted to see how they ran on a dreamcast machine, plus if any of you own a neo home console you will know the size of them, the game boxes are massive , along with the machine and arcade stick, having two young children tends to take up a lot of room , so my aes console is nearly always packed away

You were asking about NeoCD emulation. The NeoGeo AES and the Neo Geo CD are two different things completely (when it comes to emulation on the DC).

@Hola: Most AES games are not hundreds of dollars. There are at least 15 that you can easily find between 20 and 50. I got a full Final Fight kit for 15$. And, just because you think that it is right to warez games dosnt mean it is right or is legal, so don't be talking about your warezing ideals here.

EDIT: eep, i dont know what i was thinking, i meant Fatal Fury not final fight, sorry for the confusion.

bobafett
August 8th, 2004, 05:59
funny, i didnt know final fight was on neo geo aes!! :) u must be talkin bout a different system, so to clarify, i can get neo geo original cd games and they will load with the neo cd emu?

quzar
August 8th, 2004, 06:27
http://www.neo-geo.com/reviews/neo-reviews/ff/ff.html

Original Neo Geo CD games will work with the NeoCD emulator.

The link shows how it was released on AES and MVS. It was also released for the CD system.

Cap'n 1time
August 8th, 2004, 10:31
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=187&item=812224465 9&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

This ends in four hours from now. If i didnt already have one i would grab it!

Cap'n 1time
August 8th, 2004, 10:35
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=187&item=812225800 1&rd=1

This is not a top loading system and it looks badass.. GRAB IT! 5 hours.

Cap'n 1time
August 8th, 2004, 10:41
http://www.buyritegames.com/product_information.asp?number=NG-SNK2004&back=yes&dept=1122&last=1016

this is a CD that is apparently brand spanking new! I have no idea what it is really. It is from E3 2004 though.

its $24 usd

bobafett
August 8th, 2004, 15:28
just thought id let you all know, i bought 2 neo geo cds from ebay today, real bout fatal fury and double dragon, for a grand total , including postage of £6.91. i just hope they work with dc emu, other wise ill prob pull out for a cd system an infuriate the wife that little bit more, if i buy any more consoles, she will be sleeping on them ;D

LyonHrt
August 10th, 2004, 06:31
The cd system does rock though, they're getting pretty rare however, so nice if your a collector.

But i know what you mean about having loads of consoles, i'm moving to a smaller place, don't know if it will be big enough for all my stuff lol

bobafett
August 10th, 2004, 07:09
LOADING TIMES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HORRENDOUS, WITH THE AES ITS INSTANT, EVEN THE CDZ SYSTEM WHICH WAS IMPROVED IS SLOW ( SO IM TOLD ) WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN IVE TRIED THE GAMES THAT I GOT ON EBAY

Cap'n 1time
August 10th, 2004, 08:13
OK THANKS! >:(

Any load time is going to be slower on the dc then it would on the real thing. The AES would have to load roms in packages, so it would still probably be pretty slow anyway.

I think that both the SNK and Capcom systems belong on the dreamcast. CPS 1, 2 & Neogeo just kind of feel at home on the dreamcast... dont know why. Dreamcast needs something like final burn.

Hola
August 10th, 2004, 08:35
Yeah even the CDZ is worthless with load speeds. Hopefully the dc can use faster acess and disregard the bios speed. I think NeogeoSDL should use fake bios and write there own custom ones. That way you could improve on settings. Plus you could change the clock to default at 2004 ^_^.

Ian_micheal
August 11th, 2004, 06:27
It goes as fast as it can 9.2 use that load times are not effects like that were not using real cd loading like you think.

only limted by the speed of the dc.

Hola
August 11th, 2004, 10:36
I never did get around to 9.2 cause it came out right after I had burned 9.1.

I'm really looking forward to either a new release of NeoCD
or Possably RadQuake with saving....