PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Max Media Player owners... I got Nester DS to WORK!!!

metroplex2k7
July 31st, 2006, 02:47
That's the good news. The bad news, it's one rom at a time, unknown about saving for RPG's, and it's choppy and I don't know how to change the framerate (or if it can be changed)

TsunamiPepper from the Pocket Heaven Forum stated:

Download NesterDS, unzip it. Run the Rom Inserter, NesterDS.nds on top, the rom you want on the bottom. (I chose SMB 1)

Click OK and change the name to whatever.NDS (you have to put the .NDS)

Copy to your games folder, run the MMP. Double tap "whatever.nds" It'll pop up.

The screen may look shitty (one line on, one line off), hit all 4 buttons (xyab) simultaneously a couple times, it'll change to the top screen, do it again, it'll switch back to the bottom screen, but this time it should be cleared up.

Qerppsmmnx
July 31st, 2006, 08:57
What's wrong with NESDS? Why should i do all this?

metroplex2k7
July 31st, 2006, 15:06
BECAUSE NESDS DOES NOT WORK ON MAX MEDIA PLAYER!!!

You said you have the MM DOCK, I have Max Media PLAYER. They are different!!!

That's why I posted this specifically for Max Media PLAYER owners!!!

Mazza
July 31st, 2006, 17:04
try to clam down on the CAPS

Knux896
July 31st, 2006, 17:12
Glad to here you got it working for the MMP.

Qerppsmmnx
July 31st, 2006, 18:10
Well, I asked what is the difference, and nobody answered. I'm sorry if i offended you! I was just wondering. Is it because you are using the passme and not the dock, and had it flashed?

metroplex2k7
July 31st, 2006, 20:57
Sorry, you didn't offend me. I was upset at something else when I was reading the post, and just kinda let loose. My apologies.

As for the passme, I have no idea how any of that stuff works, and I haven't flashed my DS, I don't think I'd want to either. I just know that people with M3, G6, Supercard, Media Dock, etc. Can use all these emu's, and Media Player people can't.

My apologies to the administrators too.

I appreciate all of everyone's help in answering my "surely asked a million times" questions.

Qerppsmmnx
August 1st, 2006, 11:16
Don't worry, i was afraid i pissed people off... HAHA no big deal. I just want to help out where i can so others'll do the same. hahaha funny. And back to the Flashed DS. I flashed my friends GBA Player to work with the MMP, waht i flashed was the memory card. For some reason it goes straight into moonshell, but! it plays the .nds file extensions like normal! weird huh?! Because my Moonshell cannot, and i have the MMDock

Joel92
August 1st, 2006, 16:41
BECAUSE NESDS DOES NOT WORK ON MAX MEDIA PLAYER!!!

You said you have the MM DOCK, I have Max Media PLAYER. They are different!!!

That's why I posted this specifically for Max Media PLAYER owners!!!

you know that mmp and mmd are the exact same thing? with the mmd you can still replace the 4 gig hdd with any other cf card by just unscrewing the top.

Knux896
August 2nd, 2006, 07:50
What they are trying to find is a way to run an Nes emulator using the 4GB HDD that is included in the Max Media Player. Unfortunately there is a difference between the two medias that cause a problem with certain homebrew for one or the other. A lot of the people that bought the Max Media Player did so because they didn't have a CF card and it is only natural to try and get what you have working instead of buying something else.

metroplex2k7
August 2nd, 2006, 16:09
Yeah that about sums it up.

Grayfox007
August 3rd, 2006, 04:32
I have the max media dock with a 1 gig cf card, and I couldn't get NesDs to work at all. So I think I'll give this one a shot. Thanks for the info!

metroplex2k7
August 3rd, 2006, 15:43
Well if you have the dock, you should talk to Qerppsmmnx, he has it working on his.

EVOLUTION117
August 4th, 2006, 22:54
The bad news, it's one rom at a time,

Hello, New Guy here hoping to throw in some help.

I'm assuming (from my own experience) that the reason you say it is one rom at a time is because if you put in more than one rom, neither one shows up in the 'Games' Directory/Folder on the Max Media Player.

If the answer is yes, then the solution is simple.

Don't Put the Roms in the 'Games' Folder.

Seriously, just copy all the Roms directly to the Max Media Player and when you start it up, just scroll down and all the Roms are there.

Hope this helps some people.

metroplex2k7
August 4th, 2006, 23:46
No, when you use NesterDS you can only make one rom at a time.

TsunamiPepper
August 24th, 2006, 03:14
The latest version of NesDS works on the Datel 4gb hdd. Any questions on where to find it, PM me or post a reply.

metroplex2k7
August 24th, 2006, 12:51
I'd like to know. Drop me a line T-Pep!

xzerox
August 24th, 2006, 15:34
Is there anyway that dock could play gba games cause my friend got it to work thanks to moonshield and stuff.
could moonshield play nds roms except of using max overload

BlueStar
August 24th, 2006, 19:29
The latest version of NesDS works on the Datel 4gb hdd. Any questions on where to find it, PM me or post a reply.
i'd like to know! i have nester working, but nesds refuses to work.