PDA

View Full Version : Burning Files Over 700MB...

Nin10dude
August 1st, 2006, 02:11
I'm pretty new to the whole Dreamcast homebrew scene. It's pretty awesome, but one problem I'm having, is burning files over 700MB. Every guide I go to says it should burn fine, but (using Nero), it always tells me I need a bigger disc. Will discs over 700MB work? How can I get the sizes down?

Also, one other problem I'm having, is that quite a few programs that I'm downloading are in multiple .part files. How do I put them together?

Thanks a lot for any help! :D

Runefox
August 1st, 2006, 02:31
If the disc is WAY more than 700MB, then you won't be able to get away with it. However, if it's about 720 or something slightly over it, then here's what you can try:

Go to File, then Options. Click on the Expert Options tab, and then check "Enable generation of short lead-out". That should enable you to squeeze an extra 12MB onto the disc. Also, enable overburning on the same tab. It may or may not work, depending upon your burner.

One last thing to try, and is something highly recommended by the scene, is Alcohol 120%. Download the trial version from their website and burn away (30 day fully-working trial).

Christuserloeser
August 1st, 2006, 02:36
Yeah, Alcohol120% is great. I don't use Nero so I can't give you help with that.

If you got a CDI for Dreamcast that's more than 700 Mbyte, then there won't be a problem with burning it at all because of the Dreamcast Audio/Data format.

Just use a 700Mbyte/80min CDR and it will fit. :)

Nin10dude
August 1st, 2006, 02:53
Well, I'm using Nero because my CD burner doesn't seem to like CDI files, I can't get'em to burn without some sort of error. But Runefox's suggestion worked, thanks. :D

Nin10dude
August 1st, 2006, 03:28
Erm, well, it seemed to burn all right, but when I went to try it on my Dreamcast, it didn't work, with, or without, the bootdisk. :(

Does anyone know if there's anything I could do to get CDI burn?

Runefox
August 1st, 2006, 04:02
Alcohol 120% usually works just fine with CDI's.

It's strange (though definitely not unheard of) that the Nero image didn't work properly. What are you using to self-boot your homebrew disc? What version of Nero do you have? Are you using Disc-At-Once or Track-At-Once?

Nin10dude
August 1st, 2006, 20:19
I've tried Alcohol 120%, with CDIs, I always get an error. I'm not sure how to fix it.

Also, it's not a homebrew disc, I'm trying to burn a Dreamcast game. I'm booting it with the Utopia bootdisc. I'm using a Nero 7.2.3.2 demo (I know, version 5 works better with this stuff, but, I can't find a serial number for it. I've gotten it to burn other files that are under 700MB perfectly, though), and disc-at-once.

Eric
August 2nd, 2006, 14:51
Okay no talk of illegal uses of commercial products

Darksaviour69
August 2nd, 2006, 15:22
We do not support burning warez games