PDA

View Full Version : I need help working my max overload with MMP 4 gig.

Joel92
August 1st, 2006, 02:50
ok, i want to run beup, so i was hoping i could use max overload to run it, because mmp homebrew compatibility isnt very good. first of, is it able to run beup (the msn messenger for ds) through maximum overload, and second off, i cant understand the instructions in the readme thing that comes with max overload v 1.2, and i was hoping that someone could give me some clear, easy to understand instruction that would tell me how to be able to run a homebrew rom through max overload

thanks a lot! :)

Qerppsmmnx
August 1st, 2006, 11:30
SURE! as for BEUP i would imagine that all you do is double tap on the .NDS file that pertains to BEUP. As for the Max Overload what you do is:
1. open up Max Overload patcher.exe
2. Open up the (Game).nds file
3. it will create a .PAT, Copy and paste the (Game).nds and (Game).PAT onto your Max Media Dock.
4. Copy and paste Max Overload v1_2.nds where your .nds and .pat are located, (they don't need to be in the same folder... just letting you know).
5. Double tap on Max Overload v1_2.nds in the MAX MEDIA Launcher menu thing, and the game should be there! just highlight and press start. :)
there you go.

Joel92
August 1st, 2006, 15:24
thanks a lot!

rep +

Joel92
August 1st, 2006, 15:41
ok, so now i run max overload patcher, and open beup-nofat.nds (tell me if i should use a different version of beup) in it. it gives me this message once i open it:

File: C:\Documents and Settings\addressofbeuponmmp
Patch: C:\Documents and Settings\addressofmybeuponmmp
Size: 945868

Arm9
Rom offset: 00000200
Entry addr: 02000000
Ram addr: 02000000
Rom size: 000E2690
Compression not found

it still gives me the .PAT file, but it is only 1 kilobyte, and when i have both beupnofat.nds and beupnofat.pat on the mmp hdd and run max overload, it still doesnt come up with any files. is there an error in converting arm9 or something?

(ps, i can run beup directly off my mmp, but it cant find my wireless signal, so i cant get anywhere with it, and it is because mmp compat isnt very good.)

Joel92
August 1st, 2006, 16:34
can anyone help out with my problem?\

metroplex2k7
August 1st, 2006, 16:53
I got the same thing when I tried Tales of Dagur (homebrew RPG). I tried it without Max Overload, it just froze up, I tried it with, and got the same thing you did.

I guess some things just aren't compatible with MMP.

Joel92
August 1st, 2006, 17:19
no, see.. its not my mmp, it is the patcher. i get the arm9 message when i patch it, and i think my patcher isnt working right, because i get the same error message thing on every nds rom i try.

Knux896
August 1st, 2006, 21:27
Max Overload is made specifically for commercial games and looks for certain things when it is patching a .nds file. It is not a file converter and it does not make homebrew games work for the MMP or the MMD. We just have to wait until compatability is improved by either datel or by the homebrew community for the MMP/D.

Qerppsmmnx
August 1st, 2006, 21:32
Yea, Max Overload is only for DS games, not any of the homebrew games or apps. Just double tap on the Beup.nds or whatever it is called and it should run. If it works with MMP MMD MML. Exactly what Knux said, haha.

benjamintiger12
June 22nd, 2007, 22:15
do u need the max media launcher or is it just the chip that comes with the MMP.

benjamintiger12
July 6th, 2007, 22:40
Try formating your max media player

1.Go to My computer
2. Right click on Max media player icon
3. Click Format
4. Make sure it is set to Fat32 or just Fat
5. click ok
WATCH OUT IT ERASES EVERTHING OFF OF IT!!

kcajblue
July 7th, 2007, 01:30
dude. dont revive old threads like these.
and i dont even know why this thread isnt locked.
MO is illegal.