PDA

View Full Version : What to buy pro's and con's?

rocketronnie
August 1st, 2006, 16:21
Ok with me living in england it is'nt to many shops online to buy from i have found 2 places and 2 diffrent kind of product's.

First of all the SuperCard Mini SD,Super Key:SuperKey from this site

http://www.cheapmod.net/ccp51/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi

Price is £48 delivered

or

M3 ADAPTER MINI SD VERSION with PASSCARD 3
from this site

http://www.mrmodchips.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=43&products_id=355&osCsid=da243e086f93a2dd4154dd3551822200

Price is £72 delivered

So is it worth the extra £24 for the later and what is the diffrence between the 2 cards?

Thanks in advance.

Joel92
August 1st, 2006, 16:38
well, im still not sure exactly how m3 works.. because i have been looking around at m3 perfect and the passcard that comes with it, and the adapters and whatnot... its all very confusing to me. i'd say m3 is a good choice, but something else you might want to consider is max media player (mmp) or max media dock. max media player comes with a 4 gigabyte hardrive that can also be replaced by other cf cards. it runs homebrew, plays movies, and music. thats what i have.

The Hombrew Hunter
August 1st, 2006, 16:43
The media player is probably the worse Flash Cart you can buy and is a REDICULOUS $180. Go with the M3. It seems to have the best compatibility. I have a CF version, just waiting until i get a new one, the first was a defect.

Joel92
August 1st, 2006, 16:47
The media player is probably the worse Flash Cart you can buy and is a REDICULOUS $180. Go with the M3. It seems to have the best compatibility. I have a CF version, just waiting until i get a new one, the first was a defect.

i got mine for 100$ at a best buy because someone had already bought it and then took it back, so they lopped 80 bucks off it.

Qerppsmmnx
August 1st, 2006, 21:43
Whoa! i Got mine online, but i bought the Media Dock with no Memory Card, i bought mine online and it works great. i have a 2 gb Sandisk and the whole thing was about $80. and the actual dock was just $39.99. I'd say thats pretty good, because i would suspect that the memory card that it comes with would be S#$T anyway.

Foxsbiscuits
August 2nd, 2006, 00:28
I live in England, north London, and after doing a lot of research I ended up buying a supercard lite for my DS Lite. I also got the DS flashed and have a 1Gb micro SD card. The whole lot cost me £80 (excluding the console) and it works beautifully. Every game plays, and all homebrew apps so far work such as moonshell, DSOrganize, and Beup. I am very happy with it and can point you in the direction of the cheapest supercard supplier if you want.

muppettom
August 3rd, 2006, 18:56
Foxbiscuits

Sorry to hijack the thread but i was also considering buying a supercard lite and 1 gig sd card in England. If you could point me in the right direction where you got both for £80 i would be very much indebted to you.

Thanks

Tom

Foxsbiscuits
August 4th, 2006, 18:39
I can't find how to PM you so I'll post it here. www.supercardstore.com
He is a London dealer and can help you with all your homebrew/flashing problems.

andysjones
August 23rd, 2006, 00:09
A shop inside amazon is selling 1gig micro SD cards for £20, which is *very* good. www.consoleplus.co.uk does a package of Supercard Lite and Max Media Player for £55 i think

assclown1
August 23rd, 2006, 01:09
I also have the MMP/MMD. It works great so far. If you do go with the Max Media choice get the dock, and then buy a compact flash card. I got a 4 gig compact flash for 80 bucks on line. I don't know how much that translates to your currency tho.

Blacksand
August 23rd, 2006, 12:52

I agree completly cept I did get mine for around $150 from Best Buy, and then I returned it 2 days later. You probably got mine Joel LOL, it is a poorly designed product and the Max Media Launcher is horrible, and don't let the images from the website fool ya...with the image of lost you see a clear crisp image if and this is a big if you can get your image this clear then you will get a new image about every 5 seconds, the Mp3 play is decent and the homebrew is horrid IMO. I would reccomend the M3 and passcard mainly due to the fact you can get it around the same price as the MMD and if you want cheaper go for the supercard all the research I've done on it makes it seem pretty good with a little less importance on the GBA scene.

But hey go with what you feel right you'll be the one owning it.:p