PDA

View Full Version : The Return of the Knight: All-New Goku Makaimura (Extreme Ghouls'n Ghosts) Out Now

wraggster
August 1st, 2006, 18:48
News from Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3874&lsaid=219793)

http://image.lik-sang.com/content/makaimura/goku-makaimura-logo.jpg

When the classic hero-saves-princess tale Ghosts'n Goblins (Makaimura in Japan) originally hit the Arcades in the mid-1980s, gamers were first introduced to Capcom's notion of a demon-populated underworld that at the time felt like a dark, interactive cartoon. Soon the side-scrolling platformer got released on the NES and versions for other systems appeared. Ah, sweet retro memories of pushing the stick fast in the direction of where Arthur the Knight was facing to increase weapon speed (worked like a charm on the Commodore 64 version with the then unrivaled Competition Pro Joystick!)... Due to the ingeniously straightforward, but challenging gameplay the series produced one smash hit after the other with the sequels that followed later: 1988 saw the release of Ghouls'n Ghosts and finally Super Ghouls'n Ghosts aka. Cho Makaimura (designed for the SNES) hit the videogames market in 1991. Over the years, our main hero was blessed with many upgrades, like new moves, weapons, armor and magic power ups.

A brief history of one of the most beloved Jump'n Shoot franchises behind us, the future of Arthur (while still running around in underwear when suffering a blow) is here, with Goku Makaimura (Extreme Ghosts 'n' Goblins) representing an exclusive PSP edition of a true Capcom legend. None other than Tokurou Fujiwara - the original's creator - holds responsible for directing this maxed-out masterpiece. Now making use of a 3D graphics engine, being true to the glorious past with a side-scrolling layout, Goku Makaimura includes more spells and weapons than ever before and offers non-linear gameplay. An authentic example of revisiting a retro gem and reshapening it to be rewarded with a current classic in its own right.

As the US version is still a longer while off, we recommend getting the Asian copy of Goku Makaimura (Extreme Ghouls'n Ghosts) now, which is in stock today. All pre-orders have already been taken care of and new orders are leaving our warehouse within 24 hours for only US$ 49.90 (shipped!). While import gamers appreciate our Free World Shipping promotion, it's also reassuring that you can play this game (like all PSP titles) on any PSP system bought wherever globally. Couldn't be easier, you just gotta love this handheld's true region-free capability.

Much More info and screens at the link above

geise69
August 1st, 2006, 19:03
I already bought it! I've been waiting for this game for quite a while. It's everything I expected it to be. It is even harder than the first 3 games to me. The graphics are very good, but the damn ghosting on the psp screen is a bit annoying. Other than that I'm loving this game!

cowbot
August 1st, 2006, 19:21
i've still the original sega genesis cartridge :D

and on dgen it rocks!!it's a must have

Cloud_35
August 1st, 2006, 19:31
Nice avatar Wraggster.

It's the JAP version???

I'm waiting for an US release. I first played it on Genesis and GBA and the new version seems to be good.! :)

ACID
August 1st, 2006, 20:02
i've still the original sega genesis cartridge :D

and on dgen it rocks!!it's a must have
I love this game , but its nothing like the genesis game. Graphics are awsome and the entire game is new and it rocks. Truly a must have PSP game:cool:

logicbomb.de
August 1st, 2006, 21:20
Absolutey, this game is awesome!! a retro games dream come true!!

cawley1
August 1st, 2006, 21:45
Edge have given in 9/10 here in the UK, so it must be ace!

Amazing to think it was 1991 when I last bought an original game in this series (not counting Maximo) - Jap Super Ghouls N Ghosts from a little shop in Chinatown for something like £60 (and I was 15)!!!

Will get the US release, can't wait!

grit
August 1st, 2006, 22:20
I'm playing this since ZX Spectrum 48k!
Skipped school a lot of times to play it on CoinOp Arcade Machines..
AWESOME!!

I'm over 30, so I've grown up playing GnG. :D

Voltron
August 2nd, 2006, 08:41
Ghosts 'N Goblins for the NES back in 1985 is what really got me started in gaming. My uncle had it and I saw the box and asked to play it. The rest is history....

And now this game arrives 20 years later. Awesome. Very nostalgic and a great retro experience. I have the demo and this game kicks a$$. September 5th this will arrive in the U.S.A. But if there is not too much Japanese text, it may be worth it to get the Japanese release.

This game is still incredibly challenging but a lot of new elements are added to make this game more fun and give it a higher replay value.

Capcom is doing an AWESOME job with their PSP games. Thank you Capcom!

Baboon
August 2nd, 2006, 10:14
This looks really good, I cant wait for it to be playable on 1.5 via Devhook. :)

Capcom are quality games makers! I'm hoping they might do a resident evil game next for the psp.

Voltron
August 2nd, 2006, 10:44
This looks really good, I cant wait for it to be playable on 1.5 via Devhook. :)
This is already playable on 1.50 via DevHook ;)

Baboon
August 2nd, 2006, 10:54
This is already playable on 1.50 via DevHook ;)

Ideal! :D

groovemaster303
August 2nd, 2006, 12:11
This game has some amazing graphics who needs 3d when 2d can look as good as this.
plus it's smooth no slowdown.

geise69
August 2nd, 2006, 13:11
This game has some amazing graphics who needs 3d when 2d can look as good as this.
plus it's smooth no slowdown.

Well even though it's 2.5D every thing is actually 3d modeled. Everything is made of polygons, they just do a really damn good job texturing everything.

Cloud_35
August 2nd, 2006, 18:21
Been thinking...

This is an action game!! Not an RPG!!!

What the hell am I waiting for!!!

Its just "kill everything that moves. Then skip the Questions"!!!