PDA

View Full Version : One Station - The Retro Handheld News Update

wraggster
August 1st, 2006, 20:47
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/m1.gif

Last week i let you know of a handheld called One Station (http://www.success-hk.com/product_html/Cool_Stuff_One_Station_Game_Console.html?aff_id=24 ) which lets has TV Out and comes at a rather cheap price of $28 (16Pounds), it has TV Out and also you can get Multi game 8 Bit (think Nes/Spectrum) and also 16bit (Megadrive) Game cartridges.

Well today ive found out more info about this console and possible Homebrew implications for the future, heres a screen detailing the future and present features:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/m2.gif

The upcoming features look impressive, GPS, Wireless, Flash, MP3, Educational Games, Ebook, Picture Viewer and the SD Download which could possibly be used for Homebrew means this is a very interesting console.

Those interested can check the console out at SuccessHK (http://www.success-hk.com/product_html/Cool_Stuff_One_Station_Game_Console.html?aff_id=24 ), im going to get one for review as soon as possible to unearth more on this new console.

ACID
August 1st, 2006, 20:59
Is there any other place where they sell this for i have heard so many bad things about this web site.

E.J.
August 1st, 2006, 21:30
Is this for real??? i wouldn't buy that crap, it doesn't even have a known brand to blame when the thing stops working (if it works at all)...

And 3xAAA batteries.... i really feel sorry for the guy that will buy this thing for his child.

Pico
August 1st, 2006, 21:54
Is this a psp news website, im confused.

jwilds73
August 1st, 2006, 22:11
Is this a psp news website, im confused.

Many times the news posts cover different area's. This whole site started out as a Dreamcast Emulation site but it has branched out to cover many things.

crait
August 1st, 2006, 23:10
oh snap
i get it dc emu
dreamcast emulation
never noticed

anyways, i dont like the idea of 3x AAA bats
i mean, cmon

WTF?! gps!!!!

lol and that right there will give you 3 minutes with the batteries

aries2k4
August 1st, 2006, 23:10
Well at 1st this seemed like a no-brainer. 28 bucks!!! But then I noticed the 3AAA batteries. That will definely kill you in the long run. I canīt imagine it has a long battery life.

eXpress
August 1st, 2006, 23:19
Hello everybody, first post here. :)

At first sight this thing seems like something cool enough for the money. But it could be an energy hog especially with the expansions like the one for playing Genesis games. Does it at least have AC input?

troom
August 1st, 2006, 23:53
3 aaa is not bad gp2x takes 3 batteries and its far supierer to the psp an many ways (ps1emu,mame,snes,gba,gbcand so on) not prasing it just dont knock it till you try it own a gp2x and a psp prefer my psp.

doverkiller
August 2nd, 2006, 00:23
now this what i call: lol :D

T-2000
August 2nd, 2006, 00:58
3 aaa is not bad gp2x takes 3 batteries and its far supierer to the psp an many ways (ps1emu,mame,snes,gba,gbcand so on) not prasing it just dont knock it till you try it own a gp2x and a psp prefer my psp.

Well firstly the Gp2x takes 2 aa batteries, which last a long time, i use regargables and as for emulation it knocks the socks of the Psp, mame runs far better, with the sound being clearer, and the Gp2x is made for homebrew, not continually updating firmwares to stop it. As for this new type of console , im not so sure theres a place for it, maybe when the Psp has long gone cause homebrew has been stopped once and for all....lol

jefdizon
August 2nd, 2006, 07:10
Seen it, tried it, bought it..

for those who haven't actually played this thing, you'll eat your words. Nuff said :p

my only quirk is that the cartridge sticks out on top, but it can be forgiven due to the price, nice screen and playability. Some of you forget that these babies do what they're meant to do; to entertain and kill time. If you're caught up with all the tech specs mumbo jumbo graphics etc.., get an alienware laptop and some PC games :D

I rest my case :cool:

memyselfandi
August 2nd, 2006, 07:15
hey dude can you tell us more about it? thx

Emeriastone
August 2nd, 2006, 07:15
Wow for this cheap I might really buy it to tinker with.

mr.miyagi
August 2nd, 2006, 08:40
weee cool...A console that use AAA batteries.
Finally a console that dosent use these crappy special designed batteries like nintendo DS and PSP.
One of the reasons why I dont want to buy a PSP or a NDS..
So a gp2x og a One Station for me :)

samthegreat68
August 2nd, 2006, 08:43
now this what i call: lol :D
ditto

there aint nearly enough buttons too

DreamDogg
August 2nd, 2006, 10:52
One Station Manufacturer's web site:

(screenshots!)

http://www.powerkinghk.com/one%20station%20panel.htm

Check it out!

Briggzy11
August 2nd, 2006, 11:12
Seems interesting, this could have some good possibilities, but it lacks buttons which could make homebrew for this difficult.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 2nd, 2006, 19:18
THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,............is ABSULOTELY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and 3xAAA bat+LOL

goa
August 2nd, 2006, 20:45
Found this review....

http://www.nesworld.com/p8-onestation.htm

Sweater Fish Deluxe
August 4th, 2006, 02:45
First of all, the OneStation won't be any good for homebrew, unfortunately since the system architectures come on the cartridges themselves rather than being built into the main unit.

While that's bad for homebrew, it's great for expandibility. As new unified architectures keep coming out from companies like Sunplus and Winbond, this system could take advantage of them. So while it currently has games using 8 and 16bit architectures, in the future it may have 32bit, 64bit (like the already existing N64-on-a-chip found in the iQue system) or anything else, including the MP3 player, camera, GPS and other stuff mentioned on Jungletac's page.

As for the batteries, while the actual consumption will vary depending on what system architecture the games you're playing use (there's currently four different architectures, two 8bit and two 16bit), these sorts of unified architectures are generally super low power consumption and the screen on this unit is also very low consumption. The VG Pocket Max system that I have from the same company which plays the same 8bit games and has the same screen gets about 10 hours on three AAAs, which is much better than the PSP or GP2X get on their batteries. Also, they do make rechargeable AAAs, you know?

Another really cool thing about this system is the TV out port, which makes it more than just a portable system. The batteries last a *HELL* of a long time when you're using the TV out, too. I can put old AAAs into my VG Pocket Max that went dead in my TV remote and still be able to play through the TV out port.

This is a pretty cool system. PSP fans don't need to get defensive since this thing is really not attempting to compete with your systems anway, nor any other handhelds on the market.

...word is bondage...

Hiei311
August 8th, 2006, 16:36
3 aaa is not bad gp2x takes 3 batteries.

gp2x takes 2 AA batteries last longer then the one staiton i bet. if u guys want your homebrew stick with gp2x or a 1.5 psp....eventhough i dont have a 1.5 psp...gp2x still rocks cuz i hardly use psp
oh and the one station is to small a 2.5 screen???
i need glasses to see that:D