PDA

View Full Version : DC Speccyal K v0.1B Released

DCEmu_Newsposter
June 1st, 2004, 21:37
Wow this release slipped the Wraggy radar but anyway heres the news from _Tyrell_ (http://www.speccyal.be/) about the latest release of his great Spectrum 48k/128k Emulator for the Dreamcast.[br][br] Version 0.1b has been released ![br][br]What's new : [br][br]- DC Keyboard support[br]- Enhanced speed (now 128k games are playable with music at full speed without any sound problems like previously)[br]- Fixed the bug which was freezing the screen [br]- Support for custom key files which are read from the cd in addition to those ones read from the VMU. Those .KEY files just contain up,down,left,right,fire1 & fire2 keys[br]- The reset key will has been changed (start + Y) [br][br]Download from Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/dcspeccyalk.shtml) [br][br]We will be quicker next time tyrell :)

wraggster
June 1st, 2004, 21:56
Great release _Tyrell_, sorry for missing it /me kicks himself

tyrell
June 1st, 2004, 22:00
No problem :)

I'm looking forward rewritting all or parts of the rendering code because as such, it's still not what I'm expecting. I'll also add the possibility to save a snapshot to vmu memory (compressed, if possible).

I hope you'll be pleased with the DC keyboard support!

_tyrell_

wraggster
June 1st, 2004, 22:02
yes its a great addition :)

quzar
June 2nd, 2004, 02:43
shouldnt this go to the frontpage as newest emu release? Cant keep chanka there forever :P

tyrell
June 2nd, 2004, 07:42
Already went to the front page, just before Chankast :)

Also, I still have problems with DMA code. I've sent a mail to Dan Potter (kos) who said me it should be fixed in the latest release (1.3.0).

I'm going to try to recompile the newest libraries, and use them to see if this problem has disappeared.

This bug can (still :( ) be the cause of screen beeing freezed...

_tyrell_

16Bits
June 2nd, 2004, 15:43
ahh this one I have to try, kudos for this port, after all these years the speccy is still sexy! looking forward to tzx support, since I'm having trouble locating some of my old favs in .sna / .tap

underwurdle, knight lore, fairlight 1 & 2, nosferatu, lords of midnight, laser squad, enigma force... those were the days....

dcfan
July 18th, 2004, 14:20
is DC speccyal better than DreamSpec??

and should i have a DC KEYBoard to run it??

SmashinGit
July 18th, 2004, 14:29
Jetpac, need I say anymore? :P

bugaboo
July 18th, 2004, 14:43
is DC speccyal better than DreamSpec??

and should i have a DC KEYBoard to run it??

is it, its miles better
and you don't really need a keyboard, but its better with one.

wraggster
July 18th, 2004, 15:51
check out our Specyal K page for the newer releases too.

Tyrell has gave the Dreamcast scene a fine emulator

DCDayDreamer
July 18th, 2004, 18:28
Did someone mention Jetpac ? 8)

tyrell
July 19th, 2004, 00:57
What's Jetpac ?? ;)

_tyrell_