PDA

View Full Version : project L unmasked!

Hurricane_Hasney
June 18th, 2004, 11:46
Bluecrabs Project L is a Saturn Emulator!

http://ljsdcdev.sunsite.dk/

^ his site

Already posted the news over at dcemulation.com :)

WHurricane16
June 18th, 2004, 13:42
:o

Whoah....with a capital "W"

guymelef
June 18th, 2004, 22:32
kick ass.

Hurricane_Hasney
June 20th, 2004, 01:35
:o

Whoah....with a capital "W"

MetaFox is also working on one, but from scratch which is one hell of a task too.

guymelef
June 20th, 2004, 01:41
doubley kick ass

Christuserloeser
June 20th, 2004, 04:27
;D Great news that is :)

Chris

Eric
June 20th, 2004, 04:38
Yes this sounds very interesting since the Neo Geo release i thought it would be very possible for a Saturn emu i hope this will be another SDL type of emu cause for some reason and i am not sure if this is true but the emu would be faster this is very good news i hope to see being a very amazing release

Eric

Alexvrb
June 23rd, 2004, 00:44
Yes this sounds very interesting since the *Neo Geo release i thought it would be very possible for a Saturn emu i hope this will be another SDL type of emu cause for some reason and i am not sure if this is true but the emu would be faster this is very good news i hope to see being a very amazing release

EricIt's not SDL, and SDL isn't all that fast, especially on the DC. In fact, some of the SDL that was in NeoCD has been replaced. Eventually it may not use SDL at all. Anyway, Saturn emulation is still a massive undertaking.

Ian_micheal
June 23rd, 2004, 05:48
Sega had trouble writing a proper saturn emu from scratch with the best programers and docs. they used a open source emu as a base and then tryed to change people money to use it.

Writing a saturn emulator is more then a task it's near impossable. There is many cpu's and cores to write all very hard to do to do people very skilled people have been working on saturn emulator for up top 5 years and there still is no stable emulator that works on a low spec pc. Not one pc saturn emu can play any games ona 200mhz pc.

Even using the sh4 you have to emulator more cpu cores that will take more then the dc can emulate.

It's borderline impossable at any speed.

Still not as insane as an amiga emulator it's even harder.

Christuserloeser
June 23rd, 2004, 05:52
Please give him some time ;)

Chris

Hola
June 23rd, 2004, 22:17
He's gonna need to use many parts of many emulators to get the emu working in all its parts. When we can worry about optimizing it.

BlueCrab
June 24th, 2004, 09:40
And I'm gonna need a lot of time too :)

Ian_micheal
June 26th, 2004, 05:40
Good luck my freind if any one can do it you can. :)

BlueCrab
June 26th, 2004, 10:30
Hehe... Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Coagulus
July 7th, 2004, 15:07
The original Yabause has just had a new source release dated July 7th I think. Dunno if you were aware of that but I thought I'd mention it just in case!

Alexvrb
July 7th, 2004, 19:41
July 6th, I believe, not that it matters. yyyy/mm/dd looks like the format.

Anyway, from the changelog:
0.0.5 -> 0.0.6
scu
- added direct dma
superh
- added division unit
- fixed endianess issue
vdp2
- added NBG3
- fixed color bug

quzar
July 8th, 2004, 03:56