PDA

View Full Version : New to PSP 1.5

tuta
August 2nd, 2006, 15:08
Love my 1.5 got me value pack todae
But got a problem my com cant read me memory stick that I formated with me psp.But the 32 mb stick not formatted actually could be read by my card reader...
So are ther special card readers to use?
Actually the shop owner recommended me a data cable but I 4got to buy.... I prefer a card reader any advise?

i got vba on me 32 mb stick any suggestions on workin emulators on psp like wonderswan,neogeo pocket,nes or genesis?

thx

Malksta
August 2nd, 2006, 15:11
Nes - NesterJ
Genesis - DGEN

ACID
August 2nd, 2006, 15:16
try to creat all the folders from your memory card reader is the same

tuta
August 2nd, 2006, 16:20
try to creat all the folders from your memory card reader is the same

Erm wat I mean is my 2gb san disk that was formated with my psp cant be read by my built in card reader so is there a specific one for psp use?
Correct me if I am wrong....
I stay in singapore somewhere in south east asia so sellers here arent keen in bringing in unbranded goods so whenever I ask someone they give me various options that arent workin....

tried 3 diff card readers(2 borrowed and including mine) so my main question here is are there any specific card readers that could read ms that are formated with the psp?:)

Oh are there any good wonderswan and neogeo pocket emu that runs at good speed for the 1.5?

psiko_scweek
August 2nd, 2006, 16:29
no there isnt one that NEEDS to be used. i just use my crappy $10 card reader. What OS are you using?

bout the emus, PSmonkey made a good Neo Geo Pocket emulator, and e has made then e[mulator] which is a multipurpose emulator, check them out, they are on the homepage.

i would just use the USB cable, get one with the charge end on it too, it works wonders.

tuta
August 2nd, 2006, 16:38
i'm on xp pro well maybe my built in reader aint good enuff well then I will have to wait for me usb cable tomolo now Im stuck wit me 32 mb stick.Oh and bout me 2 gb sandisk ms when I load it wit card reader theres this pop up thats says autoplay but when I click the drive it sat it empty.And it keeps attempting the autoplay but notin happensbut the 32 mb original which i didnt format wit me psp work wonders.Wonder why?:confused:

Oh and I just tried dev hook 0.45 i got from psp hacks does it damage ur psp when going back and forth from 1.5 to 2.71?
And has anyone tried if gundam generation portable works flawlessly on it coz it's on the top of my list now(I mean the umd ofcoz not iso).

brainpan
August 2nd, 2006, 17:05
It sounds to me like your 2gb card is corrupt. I recently purchased a 1gb card from ebay and the card sent was actually a fake. I had many problems reading and writing to the card. If you purchased from a local store, I would ask for either a refund or trade it for another. You said you stay in Southeast asia so it seems pretty likely you accidently purchased a knockoff. This would also explain why your 32mb card works fine.

drEDN4wt
August 2nd, 2006, 21:32
have you tried formating it with the card reader instead of the psp?

format it as fat32 (or fat)

but like mentioned above, it could be fake.

ebay have an article on fake memory sticks and they recommend that you dont buy them on ebay.

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Beware-of-FAKE-1GB-2GB-4GB-8GB-USB-Flash-Drives-on-eBay_W0QQugidZ10000000000953346?ssPageName=BUYGD:C AT:-1:SEARCH:1

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Be-Wary-of-FAKE-1GB-2GB-4GB-8GB-USB-Flash-Drives-Part-2_W0QQugidZ10000000000965703?ssPageName=BUYGD:CAT:-1:SEARCH:2