PDA

View Full Version : Unbricking with UP: is it just for experts?

PyRoUK
August 2nd, 2006, 18:37
So this whole "UP can unbrick a PSP talk"... has anybody actually tried it?

I have no doubt that it is possible, afterall, all it needs to do is re-format the PSP's flash just like reinstalling Windows after you breeze-block your PC. (PCs seem to big for the term "bricked")

But what I was wondering is if UP just gives an OS to allow an expert to go in and fiddle with things for hours to get it working, or if there's a simple unbricking application which can be run on UP which will do the whole thing for you?

Anybody know if a near-noob can use UP to unbrick a PSP? Anybody done it already?

JesusXP
August 2nd, 2006, 19:32
If said near-noob can solder UP in his PSP than yes, said noob should be able to Unbrick the PSP.

A few reviews have stated they successfully were able to unbrick. I believe the process is as easy as selecting the option from the menu. As long as you have the epsilon bios...

Although I don't own UP since I never upgraded, and I havent bricked yet :)

PyRoUK
August 2nd, 2006, 20:18
Ok thanks. I searched for info on this on DCEmu, but couldn't find anyone mentioning it. Where did you see the reviews?

And yes, I am going to try installing it myself... (Stupid idea, I know)

JesusXP
August 2nd, 2006, 21:55
Its not that stupid an idea, if your allright with a soldering Iron. I've done my Xbox, Gamecube, and Saturn mods, looking forward to trying one on the 360, and if I needed to, I wouldda done my PSP in a heart beat. :P I will pm you some reviews to it I suppose, the site probably doesnt condone modchips, but you know what! You gotta do, what you gotta do...

JesusXP
August 2nd, 2006, 22:00
allright dink :P... since you choose not to accept PM's im gonna have to stick my neck out on the line...
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Undiluted-Platinum-Review-It-s-A-PSP-Owner-s-Dream-Come-True/pg/49/aid/58880

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=8464

check 'em out.. Google is your friend :P

PyRoUK
August 2nd, 2006, 23:17

oh sory about the PMs. When I signed up, I was only offered to accept them from Mods, not members.

But don't worry, loads of people are talking about UP here.

*Update*
I just checked those sites. Nice info!
I've also got the official installation guide, which talks some jargon I don't get, but hey, that's what the pictures are for! :cool:

acn010
August 2nd, 2006, 23:46
im almost screwed my psp with the U.P.
:(