PDA

View Full Version : should i return my mmp 4 gig for an m3 perfect?

Joel92
August 3rd, 2006, 01:53
well, as seeing that an m3 is a lot cheaper, and has 10 times more features, and i got my mmp at a best buy less than 90 days ago, and still have the box, all its contents and the reciet, should i get an m3? your opinions?

The Hombrew Hunter
August 3rd, 2006, 02:44
Yes.

Yes, yes, yessidy yes yes.

Quay Cur
August 3rd, 2006, 03:33
I second the motion.

Knux896
August 3rd, 2006, 05:06
It would probably be a good idea but Best Buy might be hesitant to give you a full refund without some reason of dissatisfaction. I'm not sure the sales clerk would understand if you said "Because it doesn't run all my homebrew applications"->:confused: . I would say that "The product does not provide the functionality that is stated on the Official Mini-site for the Max Media Player and is therefore not worth the price I paid for it". The clerk will probably still be->:confused:, but they should have no valid argument against a full refund (depending on the amount of time since it was bought). I'm not sure if M3 is the way to go but it certainly is more designed toward homebrew in general than the Max Media Dock I would be sure to delete everything off the HDD though before returning it so you can say it's in "like new" condition.

The Hombrew Hunter
August 3rd, 2006, 06:20
The M3 has like the best GBA and great (if not best) NDS support.

Homebrews should run fine, I can't wait until mine returns waaaaaah.

Damn...canadians.

Qerppsmmnx
August 3rd, 2006, 11:41
Can you use another passme and still use the max media dock? Cause i would like to run Snezzi but i like the dock... hmm.

Quay Cur
August 3rd, 2006, 15:35
^ I don't see why you couldn't use another passme. You can use Passcards with Supercards, so it should be fine.

Joel92
August 3rd, 2006, 15:43
ok, so what is the difference between passkey, passkey2, and passcard3? which one should i get with my m3 and why? why do you need them and what do they do? also, how do i know if im getting an m3 or an m3 perfect?

Quay Cur
August 3rd, 2006, 15:51
Dude, already answered this in your other thread.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=172727#post172727

People just say "M3" because it's short, "M3 Perfect" is the full name. Same thing.

Joel92
August 3rd, 2006, 16:01
oooh, ok i get it... and yes, i saw the answer on the other thread.. i was just about to edit this post.

Joel92
August 3rd, 2006, 16:07
would anyone think that this is a good deal? or can i find a bundle for cheaper somewhere else

http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.php?products_id=230&language=1

Quay Cur
August 3rd, 2006, 16:14
All other bundles I found were only a couple dollars cheaper, though shipping would have been more. I'd say to go for that one.

If you need the memory card too Real Hot Stuff has bundles with cards and readers.

http://www.realhotstuff.com/nintendo-dsgba-adapter-c-1_36.html

Joel92
August 3rd, 2006, 16:37
ok, so if i get the media converting disk that comes with the m3, is the media converting disk able to convert dvd's so i can put a movie on my ds?

Quay Cur
August 3rd, 2006, 17:01
I'm stumped on that one. Don't know what you mean by media converting disc. M3 may provide software to convert DVDs, but I don't know anything about it. I'm sure there are other programs out there that can rip DVDs and convert the files to a usable format.

Joel92
August 3rd, 2006, 17:14
oh i know there are... i have a few trial versions of some dvd converters, but none of then can convert a full movie, because they are trial versions. anways, on this website, with this bundle

http://www.realhotstuff.com/adapter-slim-passcard-bundle-p-84.html

at the bottom it says "whats included" and it says a sofware cd is included with it, and i read about the sofware cd other places, and it says its a media converter... but im not sure of what the media converter's capabilities are.

Quay Cur
August 3rd, 2006, 17:58
oh alright. thats probably the software that you use to convert roms and make save files and so on.

anyone who has an M3 want to verify that?

Knux896
August 3rd, 2006, 20:16
Can you use another passme and still use the max media dock? Cause i would like to run Snezzi but i like the dock... hmm.
I don't think that would work because the MMD is listed as an "option pak". The actual software used to boot up the MMD is stored in the Max Media Player DS cartridge. I am pretty sure a different passme would not have this software and therefore would not work with it.

Also for converting Video I recommend the tools listed at:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools

Hope that helps.

Quay Cur
August 3rd, 2006, 20:58
I don't think that would work because the MMD is listed as an "option pak". The actual software used to boot up the MMD is stored in the Max Media Player DS cartridge. I am pretty sure a different passme would not have this software and therefore would not work with it...
Huh, I never thought of that. Well Qerppsmmnx, looks like you're gonna have to get a real flashcart :)

There is a sticky about running homebrew on a MMP:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27470

The Hombrew Hunter
August 3rd, 2006, 21:58
The software cd?

Oh, you run things through that to make save files.

First, you pick your media type, CF or SD. Then, click Config on the left, and point it to your DS and GBA stuff on your comp (on for DS and one for GBA.) and then, on the left box, navigate to your CF or SD card. Then click Write NDS or Write GBA, find a DS or GBA file, double click it, and set options.

It will make a save file and write the file to your CF or SD card. Then, just plug and play. I have a 512 MB and a 256 MB card. 512 for DS and GBA roms, and 256 for DS and GBA homebrew...mmm...SFC.

Well I hope I cleared that up.

metroplex2k7
August 4th, 2006, 00:30
Which is better (faster, cheaper, more compatibility),
SD or CF?

Knux896
August 4th, 2006, 00:47
Which is better (faster, cheaper, more compatibility),
SD or CF?
CF currently has better compatability thanks to chishms current drivers but he is also working to integrate SD. You will probably be able to run older homebrew as well as the newer releases best using a CF though. CF and SD cards generally go for about the same prices so price shouldn't be much of a deciding factor.

The Hombrew Hunter
August 4th, 2006, 02:08
CFs are a BIT cheaper, better compatibility, and SDs are a bit faster.