PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I'm sick of the Max Media Player, give me some input...

metroplex2k7
August 3rd, 2006, 15:52
I'm tired of listening to skipping mp3's and lagging Roms/Homebrew and not being able to watch movies.

So, I'm gonna wipe the HDD and put the startup files on it, throw it back in the box with the manual and receipt and raise hell at best buy until I get my money back.

Now, here's where you guys come in.

I want you guys to tell me (in the order of importance to me)...

1) What is the best card to get to play NES and SNES and GBA emulators (good),

2) Homebrew and Roms

3) Music and Movies

I'd like it to have at least 1-2 Gb.

At the end of the week, whatever has gotten the best review is what I'll get. So, please be straight up with me.

Joel92
August 3rd, 2006, 17:19
GET AN M3 GET AN M3 GET AN M3!!!!!!!

it is probably the best one you can get out there, and you can get different versions to either run on sd cards, cf cards, or mini sd cards. it comes with built in nds, gba, nes, snes, emulators, and i think even more than that. also it has highest homebrew compatibility, runs much smother than an mmp, and movies dont completely suck. here is a link to buy get bundle packs for the m3 perfect.

http://www.realhotstuff.com/nintendo-dsgba-adapter-c-1_36.html

if you want 1-2 gigs, than go here for the cheapest 2 gig sd card you will ever find.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009RGLSE/qid=1154619296/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_4/002-8409992-0484068?%5Fencoding=UTF8&me=AIC4BLHVWVYL8&v=glance&n=172282

metroplex2k7
August 3rd, 2006, 17:43
Sounds good, but I have until the 8th to return the MMP so I'm gonna wait until probably the 6th, so I want to get some feedback from some of the other guys. But thanks for you idea. I checked out both links and it looks pretty good. Easy movie viewing and built in emulators. so, that's one vote for m3.

Quay Cur
August 3rd, 2006, 20:05
My vote is for G6 Lite. 512MB high speed buiilt in flash memory, sits flush with DS Lite. Also has a GBA sized case so you can use it in a regular DS or GBA.

But if you want bigger storage space go for an M3 mini SD (if you have a regular DS). Or M3 Lite (uses micro SD, sits flush with DS Lite), which should be out mid August.

Knux896
August 3rd, 2006, 20:09
Just wanted to point out that there are still some compatibility issues with the mini-SD version and I think they are still working on regular SD compatibility for some things. A CF version would probably give you higher compatibility than anything else.

The Hombrew Hunter
August 3rd, 2006, 22:01
If you have a Phat DS, go with an M3 of your choice.

It's a tiiiiny bit slower than the G6, but you have muuuuch better space, expandable space.

Yum.

metroplex2k7
August 4th, 2006, 00:25
Sorry I didn't specify, I have DS Lite.

I do want it to be flush with the DS Lite, but the main thing is memory, I want at least 1GB

and it HAS to play Nes, Snes, and Gba with the ability to save.

Movies is a big plus. Smooth, sound in sync movies.

The Hombrew Hunter
August 4th, 2006, 02:03
G6 lite then.

Quay Cur
August 4th, 2006, 06:16
Sorry I didn't specify, I have DS Lite.

I do want it to be flush with the DS Lite, but the main thing is memory, I want at least 1GB

and it HAS to play Nes, Snes, and Gba with the ability to save.

Movies is a big plus. Smooth, sound in sync movies.
I picked a G6 Lite over an M3 Lite, but only because 512MB is plenty for me.

If you really want more than that you might want to wait for the M3 Lite, it should be out mid month. I know there are 1GB microSD cards, I'd have to imagine 2GB ones will be out soon, if not already.

Both fit flush. Both have good rom support (SNES is iffy, but it's like that with anything on DS). And as always, go with a Passcard 3.

C64000
August 6th, 2006, 14:49
So G6 lite and Passcard is a good setup as they both tuck into DS. Any problems with these with anything ?