PDA

View Full Version : SEGA Saturn emu for Dreamcast in the works!

DCEmu_Newsposter
January 1st, 1970, 01:00
BlueCrab has revealed his 'Project L', a SEGA Saturn emulator for DC.[br]Yabause-DC 0.0.5-DC is available for download and already loads the Saturn BIOS[br][br]http://ljsdcdev.sunsite.dk/screens/saturn.png [br][br]Download the test version here (http://www.consolevision.com/dreamcast/emus/saturn/) and visit ]the official site (http://ljsdcdev.sunsite.dk/[br). The SBI is available at www.sbiffy.com[br][br]MetaFox also announced his Saturn emulation project for DC:[br]For those who don't know, Saturation is a Saturn emulator I set out to make sometime around 1997 for PC, at which point I learned I was way over my head. Chuck Mason (of Gleam! fame) offered to help - and Semu was born from that.

[Modified 06/20/04 20:05:25 by DCEmu_Newsposter]

quzar
June 20th, 2004, 05:47
Dude, this is like the 3rd newspost about this already...

Christuserloeser
June 20th, 2004, 05:53
;D Can't get enuff about this ...

Edit: How is the progress of your NeoPop emu?

Chris

quzar
June 20th, 2004, 07:03
sorry to say, havnt worked on in since i last talked about it on the forums. been really busy and so in my spare times i have been working on a homebrew project of mine and a few other simpler SDL ports (as well as NeoCD as always ;D)

curt_grymala
June 20th, 2004, 07:15
BlueCrap has unrevealed his 'Project L', a SEGA Saturn emulator for DC.

Just for reference - His name is BlueCrab (with a b), not BlueCrap (with a p).

WHurricane16
June 20th, 2004, 08:09
Just for reference - His name is BlueCrab (with a b), not BlueCrap (with a p).

Rofl

BlueCrab
June 20th, 2004, 10:12
and unrevealed? That's kinda wrong...

LyonHrt
June 20th, 2004, 10:16
Well i hope no one takes offence to it (especially bluecrab), but i'm lmao here.

Yours to edit christuserloeser

Talfi
June 20th, 2004, 10:54
I've try it with Chankast 0.2a and it works !!!!

It's slowly (but you can overclock it with the + keypad) and i've post a screen in our web.

You can see it in www.talfi.net

http://www.talfi.net/e107/e107_images/newspost_images/DC-EmuSaturn.jpg

Regards

LyonHrt
June 20th, 2004, 12:06
nice post talfi :)

Christuserloeser
June 20th, 2004, 17:39
looked at the newspost :o Holy shxt! :-[*:( *I've changed it as fast as possible a few minutes ago. I had to check the other forums that I visited today too, but this seemed the only time that I've done it except for one (http://www.xsorbit2.com/users/chronotrigger/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1087502 426&start=0) other *:-/

So I'd like to say I am really sorry for this 'brilliant' typo *:-[
Hope that you won't take it personal BlueCrab, as it certainly wasn't meant this way *:-[
One good thing about this: I am certainly aware now what your name means... - and what it does not mean ::)

About the link: I tried to get in contact with the ppl over there, because it seems that someone (Zeenbor) over there got the source code for an older unfinished Saturn emulator for DC if I understand it correctly. Zeenbor hasn't answered yet at all. Maybe you should get in contact with him personally.

Zeenbors SHx source code will surely help to convert certain things you might need to do so it would be worth the try I guess.

I'll let the other team members speak for themselves, but this is my first home-brew project being released to the public.

I've done other personal projects that never saw a public release, like:

- SH-4 interperter on an unannounced DC emu back in 2000
- DC ip.bin Win32 tool
- Saturn emulator for the Dreamcast
- Gekko disassembler (Can't release this)
- Partial work on UltraHLE OpenGL port (WAY back before it was announced)
- FFIX for N64 (Just the 2D part that you see when it boots up)
- Chrono Trigger for N64
- lzEngine cross-platform engine for N64, DC, and PSone

Don't ask for screenshots because I dont have the source or assets to any of these project anymore, except the most recent ones (Gekko disasm, Saturn Emulator). *The rest of these projects are ANCIENT.

I've read this over at the Resurrection general discussion forum http://www.xsorbit2.com/users/chronotrigger/index.cgi?board=resgeneral&action=display&num=1085 465937

Thank you, both LyonHrt and Curtiss for beeing there, as I almost decided to go to bed without paying a visit again - happy in some ways that I didn't :-X *- and for excusing in my name!

PS: I've changed the 'un'revealing too ::) ...

Chris

MetaFox
June 20th, 2004, 17:51
Zeenbors SHx source code will surely help to convert certain things you might need to do so it would be worth the try I guess.This is most likely as fake as the GTA clone. If something is not released, but the author is bragging about it - then chances are it's fake.

If that guy is as brilliant at Dreamcast coding as he claims he is, then he would have something that isn't vapourware to show for it.

Christuserloeser
June 20th, 2004, 18:06
This is most likely as fake as the GTA clone. *If something is not released, but the author is bragging about it - then chances are it's fake.
Let's hope it isn't this time ;)

If that guy is as brilliant at Dreamcast coding as he claims he is, then he would have something that isn't vapourware to show for it.
I see your point, but what if he just never finished it, so it would be at any reasonable speed? That's the most likely reason for not releasing it, if you want nobody to help you. Maybe it's in some ways advanced thing that's just very very unfinished. We should stay in contact with him about it anyway. Time will tell. The source code (if it exists) could help the current projects even if it's not very advanced. He wouldn't say that he still has it, if he don't want ppl to ask for it.

Chris

MetaFox
June 20th, 2004, 18:20
I see your point, but what if he just never finished it, so it would be at any reasonable speed? That's the most likely reason for not releasing it, if you want nobody to help you. Maybe it's in some ways advanced thing that's just very very unfinished. We should stay in contact with him about it anyway. Time will tell. The source code (if it exists) could help the current projects even if it's not very advanced. He wouldn't say that he still has it, if he don't want ppl to ask for it.My point is that he claims that he's an SH4 programmer, and a Dreamcast expert, but he hasn't released anything period. You don't make yourself out to be an expert if you can't back it up.

He's doing it for publicity just like every other faker that ever existed. If you ask him for the source, he'll just say he doesn't want to distribute it due to fear of someone compiling it and taking credit for it, or other such nonsense.

It's high time that people start ignoring these obvious fakes, and concentrate on projects being made by people who are either established coders in the Dreamcast community, or have a binary or source to back up their claims.

There are always projects that pop up that claim greatness, but show nothing for it. These deserve to be ignored and swept under the rug to be forgotten about for the rest of time.

I'm sick and tired of blatent fakes getting so much attention just because they claim to be remakes of popular games.

Give the actual projects the publicity and the playtime, and leave these fakers to their fakes. They're going to help us as much as smoking helps your lungs.

quzar
June 20th, 2004, 18:33
Here here! ( oh, and in your post you said "its high time that people STOP ignoring these obvious fakes" i figure you mean start so change it when you get the chace ;)

Christuserloeser
June 20th, 2004, 19:42
It's high time that people stop ignoring these obvious fakes, and concentrate on projects being made by people who are either established coders in the Dreamcast community, or have a binary or source to back up their claims.
You are absolutly right about that. I for my part aren't that interested in fakes at all. I just don't like it, when ppl say 'it won't happen' of 'it's a fake' if they are not sure with that.
That does not mean one shouldn't be realistic and say a port of this game isn't possible without downgrading it here and there or a certain game ;) just doesn't exist because the author itself said it was a fake. I just mean, we don't know about certain things for sure.
A lot of ppl that coded for DC years ago are now working for xBox, so there are a lot of unfinished projects out there. Take Trilinear or DreamInducer.
I know why someone could or should fake such info, but it is still as possible that this guy worked on a Saturn emu as it is not at the same time. No one could say what it actually did, which parts of the code he wrote were the most advanced ones of it as he (they?) stopped it, where the errors could be found etc if we wouldn't try to get the source code. I guess that the emu must be very similar to both of yours, so I hope there could be at least a few helpful information for you.

I know that BlueCrab is very talented and young and *you were involved in the Saturn scene for years, so I know that both of you are the perfect couple to do the job.
Since I love my Saturn and my DC I just tried to support you in a way that I actually could, even if it means to get fooled by someone that claims to have something done that he hasn't.
But what if he'd done it? Wouldn't it at least worth to wait for an answer to an email?

I'm sick and tired of blatent fakes getting so much attention just because they claim to be remakes of popular games.
Give the actual projects the publicity and the playtime, and leave these fakers to their fakes.
You're right :) I can't believe how much happens these days... Hard to keep track...

OT: I just played DCBlap today. A great game that is! I have to find out more about it *:)

Finally off to bed:

Chris

guymelef
June 20th, 2004, 20:33
who cares about getting lied to on the internet?
I know, I know, it's the princible.
but the internet is full of degenerates that are trying to make a name for themselves as liars.
just let them play themselves and don't play in to them no matter what.
don't cuss at them don't send them crap and above all don't go to their websites and get them some banner money
this way you don't piss off real possibilities.(I remember the same sort of talk about emu's like DSNES)
and rock on blue crab- I can't wait to play nights into dreams on my DC